Hotel and store near IAH

karylrocks

We are arriving the day before our cruise and using the ship transportation from the airport to the port, so need a hotel near the airport for the night. Several of them have airport shuttle but I was hoping to make a grocery stop for some soda, wine and water before we head to the ship. Does anyone know of a hotel within walking distance to a store, or that might provide a shuttle to a store?

Which hotels are you looking at??

There isnt any hotels that I can think of at Bush/IAH airport that have a grocery store within walking distance but if you are near gunspoint or downtown or even FM 1960 there is.

BTW what part of Oregon? Family use to have a restaurant and another store in Sunriver

Which hotels are you looking at??

There isnt any hotels that I can think of at Bush/IAH airport that have a grocery store within walking distance but if you are near gunspoint or downtown or even FM 1960 there is.

BTW what part of Oregon? Family use to have a restaurant and another store in Sunriver

Karylrocks, please note that Jonbdg used the name "gunspoint" - that's the local nickname for the Greenspoint area near IAH. It is not a good area and I wouldn't go shopping anywhere around there. There really isn't anything all that safe in any direction around IAH.

I was just logging on to ask this very same question. DH and I only take carry on luggage and we always buy our liquids, i.e., shampoo, toothpaste, etc. at a drugstore near the hotel.

This might be a tall order I'm guessing. Darn.

I fly in and out of IAH every month so if you tell me what hotel I can help.....maybe:o

• 2 weeks later...

Archived