Past Cruiser Party...

AFAIK - you get invitations in your cabin & use those for the raffle. Prize on the Glory in April was a bottle of champagne.

Boston - did they already have the GOLD/PLATINUM S&S cards (for repeat guests) on that sailing?

Tom

Derf, man, you're crackin' me up today!:D How 'bout a ship on a stick instead? Matter of fact, I'll be glad to send you mine. It just sits there getting more and more dust on it every day.

Derf, man, you're crackin' me up today!:D How 'bout a ship on a stick instead? Matter of fact, I'll be glad to send you mine. It just sits there getting more and more dust on it every day.

Thanks, email me, so we can get it done.

whoops

Answer Postings on the Boards, Not in E-mail

from

http://www.cruisecritic.com/community/guide.cfm#13

• 2 weeks later...
At the start, give a server our drink order ( I usually don't like the premade selections that they have on the trays), give them a good tip, and you will always have a full drink in front of you throughout the party. The snack food servers also stop by a lot, usually after getting a fresh tray of goodies.

I don't think passengers tip the servers at these functions, and when they do, they are treated pretty well. At least this has been my experience.

What is a good tip for something that's free? $5? $20?

• 2 weeks later...

The date and time are not set. Watch your Capers for this information. Also, be watching for that invitation to the party as you probably won't be able to get in the door without it. Usually it runs about 45 minutes to an hour.

We were on the Miracle a week ago. We had our best cruise ever, the ONLY disappointing thing on the entire 7 day cruise was the past guest party. We had the gold S&S cards, but you still get Carnival pins and paper invitations left in your cabin. Those are used for the drawing.

On our cruise the past guest party was Tuesday at 5:00 in the Phantom lounge (the main show theater). There wasn't a bar that you could go to place orders as in the past. We couldn't get anyone to wait on us to save our lives. We were trying to flag down a server and they'd tell us it wasn't their section, they could only serve to their designated section. There were people approaching the servers in the aisle and taking drinks off their trays they were so disgusted, or they'd watch where a server was going and sit in that aisle to get the drink and go back to their regular seat! We didn't go that far, but probably should have as we were only able to get 1 drink after 20 minutes.

The orchestra was playing music and only 1 couple got up to dance. The woman slipped and fell flat on her back. There was a loud gasp from the audience and not 1 Carnival employee went to help her up, the band kept right on playing. It was too strange.

The cruise director came out and announced that they had "prizes" to give away but there was 1 drawing for dinner at Nick & Noras. Nice, but why make it appear as though you're giving away more? Others around us were grumbling about this also.

Please don't take this as Carnival bashing, as I said we had a super trip and felt the food, service in all other areas, and the ship in general was better than in the past. Previously, the past guest parties I've gone to have been in one of the lounges, with the bar, and they'd provide better service. It definitely didn't make us feel appreciated.

Just had a horrible thought! Our cruise in October on the Conquest was done as part of a larger group. Someone else has handled ALL of the arrangements (not my usual TA). and I have never actually spoken with the person doing the bookings. Friend of a friend sort of thing. Since I have never spoken directly with Carnival will they 'pick up on ' the fact that we are past guests? Should I call them directly? I feel funny calling the person doing all arrangements as if I expect some kind of special treatment. My understanding is that this is a first cruise for most of the others. I really want my gold card (I know its silly) and we definitely want to go to the past guest party again. Advice?

Just had a horrible thought! Our cruise in October on the Conquest was done as part of a larger group. Someone else has handled ALL of the arrangements (not my usual TA). and I have never actually spoken with the person doing the bookings. Friend of a friend sort of thing. Since I have never spoken directly with Carnival will they 'pick up on ' the fact that we are past guests? Should I call them directly? I feel funny calling the person doing all arrangements as if I expect some kind of special treatment. My understanding is that this is a first cruise for most of the others. I really want my gold card (I know its silly) and we definitely want to go to the past guest party again. Advice?

If you've cruised before you'll have a past passenger number, which your TA should have submitted with your payment for the passage. If not, the number should appear when you go to Carnival's website to fill out your FUN PASS.

I got a gold card a week ago on the PRIDE. Apparently they don't take their books back far enough to give me the platinum one. Kinda miffed over that at the time, but oh well, that's life.

Missed the past guest party on the PRIDE this time. Got to my cabin too late to see the invite. I'm told others have had their invite stolen out of their mail box, so keep an eye out for it and if you don't have one, go to the purser and he/she will give you one.

I used to think the past guest parties were kind of a waste of time, but while on the LEGEND last Fall, it was fantastic ! Zillions of drinks. Loved the whiskey sours (takes me back a few decades when they were a very popular drink). Finger foods were....well.....like finger foods. :D

Kind of nice to rub elbows with people who have the same passion for cruising with Carnival as you do. A comraderie of sorts kind of thing. :)

If you've cruised before you'll have a past passenger number, which your TA should have submitted with your payment for the passage. If not, the number should appear when you go to Carnival's website to fill out your FUN PASS.

I have not spoken with the TA who is doing the arrangements since it is all being done through a group and friend to friend thing. Will I still be able to go to Carnival's site and do the fun pass? All my Carnival cruises and never filled out a fun pass on line. I booked a guarantee and won't have any info on a cabin assignment until shortly before we sail. Will this make a difference?

[quote name='seadays4me']At the start, give a server our drink order ( I usually don't like the premade selections that they have on the trays), give them a good tip, and you will always have a full drink in front of you throughout the party. The snack food servers also stop by a lot, usually after getting a fresh tray of goodies.

I don't think passengers tip the servers at these functions, and when they do, they are treated pretty well. At least this has been my experience.[/QUOTE]

Very good advice indeed.

We sailed May 1-8 on the Carnival Valor. That was our 2nd cruise and we did have gold sail and sign cards. These cards were not your ticket into the past guest party...we had paper invitations laying on our bed the evening before the party. We had to go to the purser's desk to get our pins as they were not given to us anywhere else. As someone else mentioned, these paper invitations were put into a drawing for a prize (it was a dinner at the supper club).

[quote name='Bookbug53'][quote name='glrounds']I have not spoken with the TA who is doing the arrangements since it is all being done through a group and friend to friend thing. Will I still be able to go to Carnival's site and do the fun pass? All my Carnival cruises and never filled out a fun pass on line. I booked a guarantee and won't have any info on a cabin assignment until shortly before we sail. Will this make a difference?[/QUOTE]Have you had any correspondence with the TA? I would call the TA and ask that they put your PG# on your individual booking. Why not take advantage of your status with Carnival? It's your vacation too and if some of the others see that there are atleast a few things cruiselines do for their past guests (and they have a good time on the cruise itself) then maybe they'll look forward to a second one. HTH

[quote name='Ineedavacation2']We sailed May 1-8 on the Carnival Valor. That was our 2nd cruise and we did have gold sail and sign cards. These cards were not your ticket into the past guest party...we had paper invitations laying on our bed the evening before the party. We had to go to the purser's desk to get our pins as they were not given to us anywhere else. As someone else mentioned, these paper invitations were put into a drawing for a prize (it was a dinner at the supper club).[/QUOTE]Thanks for the info. The way the article (blurb) read in Currents it seemed there wouldn't be paper invites any more. Good to know we still might have a chance at a bottle of champagne. :rolleyes: :D

[quote]I have not spoken with the TA who is doing the arrangements since it is all being done through a group and friend to friend thing. Will I still be able to go to Carnival's site and do the fun pass? All my Carnival cruises and never filled out a fun pass on line. I booked a guarantee and won't have any info on a cabin assignment until shortly before we sail. Will this make a difference?[/quote]I think you could also call up Carnival directly, have them look you up and then associate your past guest number with your booking.

:confused: [quote name='Bookbug53'][quote name='glrounds'][i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=navy]If you've cruised before you'll have a [b]past passenger number[/b], which your TA should have submitted with your payment for the passage. If not, the number should appear when you go to Carnival's website to fill out your FUN PASS.[/color][/size][/font][/i]

I have not spoken with the TA who is doing the arrangements since it is all being done through a group and friend to friend thing. Will I still be able to go to Carnival's site and do the fun pass? All my Carnival cruises and never filled out a fun pass on line. I booked a guarantee and won't have any info on a cabin assignment until shortly before we sail. Will this make a difference?[/QUOTE]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=navy]Bookbug,[/color][/size][/font][/i]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]You should have a [b]booking number. [/b]If not get it from your TA or group leader (not sure how groups work exactly). [/color][/size][/font][/i]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]Others will correct me, but I think you're encouraged to fill out a FUN PASS at least 72 hours before the cruise ever since 9/11. Don't know whether or not its mandatory.[/color][/size][/font][/i]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]You don't need a cabin number (assignment). I book guarantees the last minute all the time and don't know my cabin number until I get to the pier.[/color][/size][/font][/i]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080][u]You should have a receipt from your group's TA [b]confirming[/b] your inclusion on this cruise[/u]. Along with that confirmation should be a [b]booking number. [/b]Go to Carnival.com and follow the menu. I'm not sure if your booking number is mandatory to fill out the FUN PASS. But do so if you can. Without the FUN PASS you have no way of knowing if [u]Carnival is confirming[/u] your passage on the ship. [/color][/size][/font][/i]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]As, I said, others with more knowledge about group bookings may be of considerably more help. [/color][/size][/font][/i]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]Have a great cruise. :) [/color][/size][/font][/i]

It seems as if was a gripe on many passengers comment cards, it looks like they stepped the party up a notch of two, on the Spirit this past Feb, they had more help passing horsey douvers around and many many drinks. I got smashed !! also took advantage of those cool looking foo foo drinks. The Past Guess party is one that shouldnt be missed, this is where you find out the newest info about future ships and where the cruiseline is heading.If you havent seen your pin in the cabin after day 3, start asking your steward for them. For those that need pins, just simply email Carnival, I just recd my Holiday, Triumph, Paradise pins.

Son just got back from his third cruise and received a gold S & S Card. made him feel special among his friends who got regular ones.

Our Returning guest party was awesome. Tried all kinds of new drinks I had never tasted before. The food was good and the dancing was fun. I enjoyed learning about new and upcoming cruises.

[quote name='derf5585']Derfette and I want a stick on a ship.[/QUOTE]

I have an extra Destiny..want it? or anyone else out there?

Also thanks to everybody's advice about the past guest (tiny) dilemma. I will just wait and do the fun pass deal. That way I won't feel like I am creeping behind my friend's back with the TA.

Archived