Past Cruiser Party...

OKAY I am a give me the play by play type of person.... after all of the cruises I have been on I am FINALLY going to go to the past cruiser party in a few weeks...SO can someone give me the PLAY BY PLAY on the party....

I will start for you.....

You walk in the doors then............ :confused:

You walk in the doors then............ :confused:

Drink.

Drink more.

Have your picture taken by the ubiquitous ship's photographer.

Drink more.

Perhaps sample the snacks/finger foods.

Have another drink.

Watch the "History of Carnival" film.

Drink some more.

Leave.

find a place to sit if you're there early, or atleast some place to put your empty glasses. :D

Get a waiter/waitress to get you a few of whatever you like to drink. There will be trays of premades circulating, but you can order anything from the bar.

If a waiter/waitress is not easy waved down, go to the bar itself and order.

Sit back and relax.

There will usually be a movie, slide show or the Captain and CD will talk about some aspect of what is going on with CCL.

Enjoy some more drinks.

That's pretty much the highlights.

HTH

ed: oh yeah, forgot the finger foods. Thanks Tef

In addition to all the drinking and snacking, they might have one of the ship bands there playing some music. Our CD sang a song and couples danced. There was also some kind of raffle for something. Bottle of champagne?

Yes they do, the photographer's will take pictures of you any time they get.

When you get off the ship at the ports, on the ship the first day, when you are eatting dinner in the dinning room's, before dinner pictures. sometimes even when at the ports have seen them taking picture of guests.

The drinks are free and unlimited. Im curious, why havent you gone in the past??

Honestly I have no idea why I haven't ever done the past cruiser party! LOL Just never wanted to, plus I no longer get all dolled up for formal night. We are sooo hitting it this time!

What time of day is the past guest party? I don't really need to buy expensive pics of dh and I in our daytime clothes.;)
The time and the day vary per ship, at the whim of the CD. It seems that even on the same ship sometimes it is not the same day and time every sailing.

If you order your own drinks instead of taking the ones that come by, can you order ANYTHING (like the foo-foo drinks)? I never knew that you could go to the bar and order something. I just took the ones off the tray that came by.

I want to say yes, but I'm more a Jack&Coke man myself. I would say though, any foo-foo drink you might order will be in the same small glasses you would get off the tray, not the tall souvenir glasses they sell at the pool.

On our Sensation cruise, by accident we ended up with seats at the bar. Needless to say, that was the best Past Cruisers Party we've ever been to. :D

On our third cruise we attended our first past guest party. After finding a seat and having a couple free drinks and finger foods we found ourselves being called up to receive our free bottle of champagne. We were soooo suprised. We never win anything. It was all very exciting. We got to take our picture with the captain, cd and several other crew members. We will be attending all future past guest parties, just in case. Our next cruise is October 30 - Carnival Conquest. Can't wait.

There was also some kind of raffle for something. Bottle of champagne?

On our first 7-day cruise (Sensation 2000) - the winner of the drawing received a CRUISE FOR TWO - IN A SUITE...

Things have changed somewhat ;) ... and we no longer attend this function or the "Captains Cocktail Party"... much ado about nothing, IMHO!

Tom

On the Miracle in November, my wife and I won dinner for two at the supper club at the past guest party.

I wanted to tip the wait staff at the supper club, but they refused. They said that we were their guests.

At the start, give a server our drink order ( I usually don't like the premade selections that they have on the trays), give them a good tip, and you will always have a full drink in front of you throughout the party. The snack food servers also stop by a lot, usually after getting a fresh tray of goodies.

I don't think passengers tip the servers at these functions, and when they do, they are treated pretty well. At least this has been my experience.

Kim, I'm glad you've decided to go to the PG party. I think it's very nice, and wouldn't miss it. If other don't enjoy it, that's their prerogative...but it's lagniappe (something extra) for past guests, and I appreciate Carnival for having it.

As Blackwing said, the CD determines the time and place of the PG party, and it is different on each cruise. A CD told me they look at the list of PG passengers, and that determines which lounge to use (size). The time of the party will also vary. I've been to one at 4pm, but most have been later, around 7:30 (between dinner seatings).

Be sure and take your invitation with you. (I've seen folks have to return to their cabin for their invitation - and have also seen folks trying to crash the party, but....nope, no admittance w/o invitation.) At the ones I've attended, the CD or asst. has been taking the invitations as you walk in. Then, they put them in a box and draw for a prize - usually a bottle of champagne. The Captain makes a little "welcome back" speech, and there's usually a combo playing and some folks dance. They show a little 10-min. video of the history of Carnival, and I've seen it several times, but still interesting.

As mentioned above, the waiters have a variety of cocktails and hors d'oeuvres on their trays, and they circulate, but yes, you can go to the bar for whatever.

Go - and enjoy! It's a very nice way to spend about 45 minutes of your cruise!:)

Yeah, but I was wondering about the door prizes, not that I've ever won, since there won't be paper invites with our names.

Not a big deal, just curious (again). Been a day for that for me. :rolleyes: :p

AFAIK - you get invitations in your cabin & use those for the raffle. Prize on the Glory in April was a bottle of champagne.

Archived