Update: Carnival Expands All-You-Can-Drink Package to Four Ships

LauraS

Celebrate your vacation as you wish. As long as you don't ruin mine, i could care less if your bar tab was $1000. It's about having a great time whether you eat all day, sleep all day, read all day, drink all day, or mix it up as you please. I have yet to let anyone cause ME to have a bad time.

Cruise Critic Reviews and News has been notoriously wrong, so I wouldn't believe their report of this.

Exactly what I was thinking. I do remember where it was said that bottled water was definately NOT included, then I read the story and got excited that maybe they are including it now... but then what you said went though my mind... I don't think I should get too excited yet. :rolleyes:

ETA: On the thread where someone posted the flyer, it does say bottled water is excluded. I can always hope they have revised to program to include it.

Edited by cruzzza

Exactly what I was thinking. I do remember where it was said that bottled water was definately NOT included, then I read the story and got excited that maybe they are including it now... but then what you said went though my mind... I don't think I should get too excited yet. :rolleyes:

ETA: On the thread where someone posted the flyer, it does say bottled water is excluded. I can always hope they have revised to program to include it.

No bottled water is included, but you have to provide your own bottle, and it is only available in the buffet area. But yes it is free! Ha ha

I agree with you. Strangely enough it is a unlimited alcohol package but the bottled water is a do or don't for me. I won't pay for the package and then bottled water on top of that. I still haven't figured out the reasoning. Water is much less expensive that non alcoholic frozen drinks or even soft drinks. Why exclude it?

I agree with you. Strangely enough it is a unlimited alcohol package but the bottled water is a do or don't for me. I won't pay for the package and then bottled water on top of that. I still haven't figured out the reasoning. Water is much less expensive that non alcoholic frozen drinks or even soft drinks. Why exclude it?

A class of soda will cost the company around 6 cents. A bottle of water will probably cost them around 30 cents. So, the cost is much higher. Which could be why bottled water was not included.

A class of soda will cost the company around 6 cents

I own a restaurant, I only wish soda was only 6 cents, not to mention, everybody has more then one. A bib (box of syrup) of coke is $66, if I got 1000 cokes out of a bib, I would be in a suite. (LOL)

A class of soda will cost the company around 6 cents

I own a restaurant, I only wish soda was only 6 cents, not to mention, everybody has more then one. A bib (box of syrup) of coke is $66, if I got 1000 cokes out of a bib, I would be in a suite. (LOL)

My company (more then 30,000 stores) pays 52 for a BIB. You know Carnival is paying less. You put ice in a plastic cup, you may be putting in 4 to 5 ounces of soda.

That takes the glass down to around 6 cents.

Folks will figure they need to drink ten or so alcoholic beverages every day to get their money's worth.

Not sure this is such a wonderful idea.

I figure it may be a money maker for Carnival. Especially for the itineraries with only two sea days. In the next year if Carnival is still giving out this option, then it worked out for them.

I myself could never drink near that many a day (two a day is my limit). But I do know many who easily could.

It will be nice to see statistics on how much people really saved or lost once this thing gets going on more ships. Many of the people who will lose money on this, will be the ones who will not say so. The winners will be on here full force. :)

popcorn.gif

Herrrrrre we go again.....I am getting SO TIRED of opening up these threads, hoping for new info, only to find yet ANOTHER thread discussing the pros and cons of this program. Who FLIPPING cares what anybody thinks of anybody else's drinking???? And the program IS WHAT IT IS - buy it, don't buy it - WHO CARES??? Can we PLEASE just stick to posting on topic and list the new ships that are getting the program!!

popcorn.gif

Herrrrrre we go again.....I am getting SO TIRED of opening up these threads, hoping for new info, only to find yet ANOTHER thread discussing the pros and cons of this program. Who FLIPPING cares what anybody thinks of anybody else's drinking???? And the program IS WHAT IT IS - buy it, don't buy it - WHO CARES??? Can we PLEASE just stick to posting on topic and list the new ships that are getting the program!!

What he said ;)

I would have to have 1 drink every 2.5 hours to break even...and that's excessive??

popcorn.gif

Seconded! Don't like it? Don't buy it! More vodka for me anyways :p cheers

Why? I have the right to go and not drink just as you have the right to drink yourself crazy. Just don't mess up my vacation and I'll ignore your alcoholism. ;):D

Whoa. That's crossing a line. And I can be be pretty snarky. I think the ease itself worth it. Its expensive for sure. Take $700 to Costco and see what you can get. That being said...your on an inexpensive vacation to begin with so why not. Ive never been to an all inclusive resort but this intrigues me. Now on the cruise I booked for November I'm in the cabin with a 12 and 14 year old while my brother and his wife has the 5 and 6 year old (nieces and nephews) since I'm the only adult its a no brainer...on my cruise on Sunday I'm seriously contemplating getting this. My friend doesn't drink much but she could get virgin daquaries all day. Fun.