Cash for onboard expense account

pomlover

We prepaid gratuities when we booked online. The onboard account was just for drinks and such. We deposited cash into the account at the cruise terminal when receiving our s&s cards. I checked the kiosk a couple of times during the cruise to monitor our account. Never had to go to guest services once. Loved it.

I always prepay the grats as well. That's why I deposit $600 to start (drink a lot on cruises):D

Yes. They are open 24/7. I don't know if all the ships have them yet, but every ship I have been on since they started installing them a few years ago has had them.

I did all of this when I checked in at the port. Handed over my moolah ($200) to the check in person and was all set from there.

I've always found that Guest Services asks me how much I'd like to deposit

and I say, Let's start with $100 since I'm not the last of the big time spenders lol

-and have never had any problems with that. No funny looks nothing.

If more needs to be deposited in a few days, no problem!

On the Inspiration, the machine wouldn't accept my cash, so I had to go to Guest Services anyway. Luckily the line wasn't too long. I just counted out my cash and the woman applied it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Leaving on a 7 day Carnival cruise soon. I can't find how much I have to put down for a cash account. I remember it used to be based on how many days. There are 2 adults and 2 kids. Thanks

There is no minimum. Put what you plan to spen or budgeted for.

I would say put at least the tip amount.

Has anyone ever tried to carry a cash account over onto the second leg of a B2B? A check won't do me much good for round two. Then again, I can just bring more cash.

I took my check and had them cash it in the AM then add that cash to the S&S of my second cruise. I don't believe they will carry the OBC over. On my B2B2B, I had a small check from the first cruise and second cruise that I wanted to add to my 3rd cruise. I just wanted to sign the checks back over to the. You would have thought I was trying to split the atom.

Has anyone ever tried to carry a cash account over onto the second leg of a B2B? A check won't do me much good for round two. Then again, I can just bring more cash.

On a cash B2B, they issue you a check at the end of the first cruise that you can take to Guest Services after you get back aboard, and re-deposit.

DW and I usually have some OBC built up, but we establish the cash account with $400.00 regardless. I don't know about the other ports, but in Jacksonville, we can deposit money toward the account in the terminal, and it's on our account by time we get aboard.

Last time, we left the ship with a $6.67 check. How's that for running it right down to the wire? (and then Customs on the alcohol overage was $7.50, but our bar is nicely stocked) We usually get a hundred or so back.

Just Wondering... If you pre pay gratuities, and have onboard credit, and use cash on your account, will you get the cash amount back if you don't spend it? I know the onboard credit is non refundable, so will they deduct that first, or the cash?

In the past they have applied the non refundable part of my obc first. then started hitting the refundable obc and finally any cash I applied.

Archived