Nautica B1 Cabins

AllanWW

We are new to Oceania and will be joining the Nautica in March for its Beijing to Bangkok cruise in a B1 Guarantee. However I have just noticed that there are 2 B1 cabins at the front of the ship and 2 at the rear. As I can get a bit seasick I thought that these cabins will be prone to more movement if the seas are a bit rough. Also I thought that the cabins (verandah) in the front might be very windy when the ship is underway. I am now starting to think that perhaps a guarantee might not have been the best way to go as the prospects of an upgrade are low (I think the ship is almost full) and we might get one of these 4 cabins.

I would appreciate any thoughts regarding these 4 cabins - are there any benefits over the main group of B1 cabins? Can we avoid these cabins? Any advice from experienced Oceania cruisers gratefully accepted.

Allan

This is, of course, just my personal opinion and I have to add that we never get seasick so perhaps others will disagree with me. We always book a B2 cabin in the very forward of the ship - we love it there. These are small ships (in comparison to the majority of cruise ships) and I really don't think there is a huge amount of difference of movement within them due to their size. You may get some anchor noise when it is used in the forward part. If you are concerned and get one of those cabins, I would be prepared with medication, or know that you can go to the ship doctor and get a shot. The Nautica is a lovely ship and I know you will enjoy your cruise.

6090 and 6093 - at the very back of the ship, in between the 2 owners suites. We have been in 6093 on all three of the smaller ships. If the seas are rough, you might feel it a little more, but as the extra deep balcony and total lack of noise from the hallway, as there are only 4 cabins on that part of the ship more than make up for it, IMHO.

I do not get seasick but my husband does. On our first Nautica cruise (Southeast Asia), we booked the slightly oversized outside cabin (7007) at the front of the ship.

When seas got rough, it was rough on him. Even I started to "feel" it a bit too much. Way too much movement even for my liking.

On our next Nautica cruise we opted for something mid ship and we were much happier.

If you are at all prone to motion sickness, mid ship is the place to be on Nautica.

We are new to Oceania and will be joining the Nautica in March for its Beijing to Bangkok cruise in a B1 Guarantee. However I have just noticed that there are 2 B1 cabins at the front of the ship and 2 at the rear. As I can get a bit seasick I thought that these cabins will be prone to more movement if the seas are a bit rough. Also I thought that the cabins (verandah) in the front might be very windy when the ship is underway. I am now starting to think that perhaps a guarantee might not have been the best way to go as the prospects of an upgrade are low (I think the ship is almost full) and we might get one of these 4 cabins.

I would appreciate any thoughts regarding these 4 cabins - are there any benefits over the main group of B1 cabins? Can we avoid these cabins? Any advice from experienced Oceania cruisers gratefully accepted.

Allan

We were on Nautica between Vietnam and Hong Kong. Friends were in a forward facing cabin. When the seas were rough, she couldn't stay in her room. Opt for midship.

Archived