WiFi, Internet on Freedom of the Seas

Camaro9840

Hi, does anyone have experiance with the wifi/internet onboard Freedom of the Seas?

We are booked in an oceanview stateroom on level 2, and heard that all rooms now have wifi capability. How much does this cost for the whole trip, what are the pricing options.

Thanks

I've used the WiFi on the Freedom of the Seas from my iPad without any problems that I can recall. Our cabin was up on deck 9, but they do promise WiFi should work ship-wide.

Pricing can be found on this page, but it's basically:

• 65¢/minute, or one of the following packages:
  • $35 for 60 minutes
  • $55 for 100 minutes
  • $75 for 150 minutes
  • $100 for 250 minutes
  • $150 for 500 minutes

We just got back and bought the biggest package. 500 min for $150. We had a coupon in our Emerald book that saved us $22.50. The coupon is for $10 or 15% which ever is bigger. We had to have internet so my husband could do his online classes for school. It is very expensive even with the coupon. It is also very slow so don't expect to zip through the internet. We ended up using almost the whole package by the last day. Only had about 20 min. left over.

The Wi-fi was down for a greater part of the first day so we couldn't get signed up until late at night. We were very frusterated by this because my dh had to take a test by 5pm and it wasn't available. It stayed up and running after the first hic-up.

• 2 weeks later...

No, the entire internet system is reset for the next cruise. When you purchase a package, it's tied to your SeaPass account. On the second half of a B2B, you'll get a new SeaPass account and have to start a new internet package.

Hi, does anyone have experiance with the wifi/internet onboard Freedom of the Seas?

We are booked in an oceanview stateroom on level 2, and heard that all rooms now have wifi capability. How much does this cost for the whole trip, what are the pricing options.

Thanks

I too found the WiFi on the Freedom to be adaquate, but as stated by other posters very slow. The reason for this is that so many people are connected to the service and with all the traffic from passengers it slows the connection down. I will be leaving on the Majesty this coming Friday and I am trying something different this this. I am taking my Verizon Mi-Fi with me and already have it set up for international signal. I just wanted to experiment and see if my connection speed is any faster and what cost will be for future cruises. I figure I would talk about this for those fortunate enough to own a MiFi Device. I will report back next week if anyone is interested and give you the cost per MB I used. I know it cost me $25.00 right now of the gate for the International rate, we will see how many MB I use.

Smitty

@Camaro, here's Royal's Online Guide with all the details. The best thing to know before you cruise is how to download and read your email offline. That way, you can logon, download, logoff, compose replies, logon, send replies/download new, etc. You're gonna love Freedom--enjoy!

@Smitty, very cool--looking forward to your report on MiFi. Have a blast on Majesty!

• 3 years later...