Mid-Week cruises

Msneata

I thought I had our next cruise all figured out until DH informed me that he could not be on vacation for back-to-back weekends. So now I am stuck with the task of finding a cruise that embarks during the week. I have searched NCL, Carnival and RCL. It seems my options are limited unless I choose to cruise 4 days or less. This cruise will be for our anniversary and I would like it to be a 5 day cruise at minimum. This will also help me feel better about the price of the flight. It appears my best options will be the Splendor (once it arrives NY) or the Fantasy 5-day since we can drive. My choice would be the Splendor but it is a bit more than I wanted to spend. Based on some of the comments I've read, I'm also concerned about the serenity deck. This was my husbands favorite part of the Liberty and given we will be sailing in June(with the heat and kiddies) I would hate for him to be disappointed. On the other hand, the Fantasy was our first cruise and we loved it but after being on the liberty I don't think I could go back that far in time. Any Suggestions? Ships or cruise lines I overlooked?

Maybe you could do a back-to-back? A 4 day and a 3 day? I know the Imagination has a 3 day Bahamas route followed by a 4 day Key West and Cozumel route. The 3 day is Friday to Monday and the 4 day is Monday to Friday. Possibly there are others that have schedules like that you could consider?

Not sure what you're timeframe is but RCCL Liberty of the Seas is doing a 5-day from FLL that goes to Belize and Cozumel departing on Saturdays and returning on Thursdays. Running this route from November through next April. It's at least worth considering as the ship is much superior to anything Carnival has doing a comparable sailing.

Maybe you could do a back-to-back? A 4 day and a 3 day? I know the Imagination has a 3 day Bahamas route followed by a 4 day Key West and Cozumel route. The 3 day is Friday to Monday and the 4 day is Monday to Friday. Possibly there are others that have schedules like that you could consider?

Why didn't I think of that? You would think I would have learned something on this site by now! Thanks!

Not sure what you're timeframe is but RCCL Liberty of the Seas is doing a 5-day from FLL that goes to Belize and Cozumel departing on Saturdays and returning on Thursdays. Running this route from November through next April. It's at least worth considering as the ship is much superior to anything Carnival has doing a comparable sailing.[/

We would be sailing in June or this would be a great possibility. Especially since flights to MIA have gone up almost 50% here.

We would be sailing in June or this would be a great possibility...

Boo :(, oh well, have a great time on whatever you find that fits! FWIW, in past we've had vacation time challenges too and have done a number of 4 and 5 day'ers. I love that length of cruise as it allows for a bit more relaxed travel schedule and a day or so in the departure port before or after. It is a challenge though to find new, interesting itineraries. We've had good luck in the spring and fall on the West coast with repos to/from the Alaska season.

Not sure where you're from, but if you've never been to California consider the Insperation 4-day with a little time in the LA area. It's one of our all-time favorites!

For June 2013 I could only find 5 day Bahamas/Caribbean cruises with CCL...no RCCL. They are mostly Fantasy class ships with exception of Triumph and Victory. I did a search on vacations to go dot com. There are 2 cruises on the Explorer of the Seas out of NJ to Bermuda. Liberty of the Seas is in Europe next June.

Have husband change jobs. :D

Well....I must not be married long enough because I don't seem to hold that much influence yet. DH works weekends in healthcare and he has a new boss so he is being overly cautuious (IMO) but in this economy we are still fortunate so I won't complain....too much!:D

The Imagination is a ship like the Fantasy (same class sister ship). We are doing the 4 day next August and I just got great airfare to MIA ($205pp round trip from BWI). Though it is with AA and we have to pay bag fees...uggghhh.

We usually fly US Air because they have the biggest hub here (CLT). However, the going rate to MIA has been $424pp for the last couple of months. It was a bit cheaper on AA. The flight to MIA is almost as much as the cruise itself.

This leads me back to departing from the north as several companies have flights to JFK or LGA for about $150pp.

Not sure what you're timeframe is but RCCL Liberty of the Seas is doing a 5-day from FLL that goes to Belize and Cozumel departing on Saturdays and returning on Thursdays. Running this route from November through next April. It's at least worth considering as the ship is much superior to anything Carnival has doing a comparable sailing.

I did this cruise last year two days after Thsnksgiving! One of the best cruises ever:)

We usually fly US Air because they have the biggest hub here (CLT). However, the going rate to MIA has been $424pp for the last couple of months. It was a bit cheaper on AA. The flight to MIA is almost as much as the cruise itself.

This leads me back to departing from the north as several companies have flights to JFK or LGA for about $150pp.

That 5 day RCCL cruise from NJ to Bermuda may work for you. I'd LOVE to do a Bermuda cruise someday. It won't be as hot as it would be in the Caribbean either.

Archived