FCC Meltdown over on the John Heald Facebook Page

MLE Litella

REALLY hoping I can still buy one Sunday.. since I am just before the cut off...

They will still be selling them on all cruises that start on or before Sept. 27th. We just go off the Conquest Sept. 9th, bought 2. Then they annouced they were to stop selling them, so we booked a cruise leaving tomorrow on the Ecstacy. We are buying 12 of them.

i have never bought a FCC . if it was a big enticemnet as people post...with this announcemnet wonding how many would rush to buy them before cutoff?

at a time were bookings drop off it could be a good little bump ala when people were rushing to book rooms to get a certain number of sailing for the platinum status??

one thing about carnival they know how to market!

I always bought the FCCs. What it did was make me look specifically for a Carnival cruise. Now that they are not selling them I don't have to look for a Carnival cruise. Will I still sail on Carnival? More than likely but I won't be looking for one unless it is the best cruise at the best rate.

Said it before and I'll say it again. The reason why Carnival pulls stunts like this is because they know they can get away with it. Carnival markets mainly to the first time cruiser who doesn't know any better. Meat loaf in the MDR? I guess that's normal. Can't get a steak in the MDR? Par for the course I guess. FCC discontinued - who cares? No live entertainment on the Lido? Never noticed.

Until people start talking with their wallets and their purses expect the cutbacks to continue unabated. Of course many on here would continue to praise Carnival if they served McD's and KFC in the MDR so its hard to convince some people to wake up.

I don't get the outrage. You're still able to get friends and family certs, you still get OBC, you just have to book the cruise you want on board. You may have to pay the full deposit when you purchase, but I have no sympathy after the replies to solos being bummed we have to pay double occupancy deposits. You're gonna have to pay it all anyway, start saving up.

Go on carnivals website before you board and find the cruise that works for you. It's not hard.

If you can't do that, sorry, no OBC for you unless you wait for a "sale".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They will still be selling them on all cruises that start on or before Sept. 27th. We just go off the Conquest Sept. 9th, bought 2. Then they annouced they were to stop selling them, so we booked a cruise leaving tomorrow on the Ecstacy. We are buying 12 of them.

Maybe that was part of their marketing plan. Booking a cruise just to buy future cruise certs. Enjoy your cruise the ecstasy is wonderful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Said it before and I'll say it again. The reason why Carnival pulls stunts like this is because they know they can get away with it. Carnival markets mainly to the first time cruiser who doesn't know any better. Meat loaf in the MDR? I guess that's normal. Can't get a steak in the MDR? Par for the course I guess. FCC discontinued - who cares? No live entertainment on the Lido? Never noticed.

Until people start talking with their wallets and their purses expect the cutbacks to continue unabated. Of course many on here would continue to praise Carnival if they served McD's and KFC in the MDR so its hard to convince some people to wake up.

Hey, I love McD's and KFC (extra crispy). I could eat that along with the deli sandwiches every day of my cruise.

It is also a big deal to families that have to deal with school schedules and having to put up $1250 for deposits :eek:. I'm on a cruise, I don't have unlimited funds to put up that much more money to book another cruise. :mad::(

Amillard222. Please thank your Hubby for his service to our country and thank you also :)

girlscruise,

I think you haven't read enough of Sarge's posts to know that everything that Carnival does is wonderful. It doesn't matter how the customer gets the shaft, or how this cut or that cut matters, he finds a way to spin it so it's a positive. I wish I could see the world through the Red, not Rose, as Rose is a pale color, colored glasses he uses. Either Carnival pays him or he is trying to get them to pay him, not sure which, lol.

He does post some great photos, but the rest is a lot of bologna.

Amillard,

I also agree to thank your husband. Mine also served, but we weren't married then.

FCCs weren't always around but some people act like they were. It was a promotion. Promotions come and go. This one went. Buh bye.

Customers also come and go. This one (and his friends) went. Buh-bye, Carnival and associated screw-the-customer cruise lines.:mad:

On our cruise in February was the first time that we had purchased a FCC and used it to book our upcoming cruise in Feb of 2013. Really liked the certificate very disappointed to see it being taken away!!! I should have been purchasing them on prior cruises!!!

Archived