FCC Meltdown over on the John Heald Facebook Page

MLE Litella

I agree, we have to do quite a bit of planning to go on an cruise and it may take several months to plan it. The FCC allowed us to get the benefit of planning another cruise without having to pick a date. This hurts us....

I also agree. We have purchased the FCC in the past and planned on buying two more on our cruise next month.

Better check and see it the FCC program will still be going? The complaint is, CCL is doing away with the FCC program. :mad::mad::mad:

I'd love to see a comparison of how many people actually booked their next cruise vs the number of people who purchased the FCC to book when they knew dates that would work for them.

We always buy the FCC and book anywhere from 3 - 6 months after we've cruised and have a better idea of when we'll be able to cruise.

We can't afford to make a deposit while on a cruise or have to pay change fees because we DID book while on a cruise and then that date didn't work out for us.

I've rolled with the other changes they've made but this just might be the straw for me.

We always book within a month of the cruise we just finished. We book as a group through a travel agent after all 100+ of us agree on a cruise. Now that the FCC is gone we'll just book a balcony in a lower category and save $50 pp, and we will finally get our original $100 deposit back because we won't have to buy another FCC. No skin off my butt!

And IMO forget Carnival

I thoroughly agree, especially after this following on the heels of Carnival no longer allowing cash incentives from agents booking on their ships. So more profit per passenger times no more passengers traveling Carnival is their latest business model?

Our last three cruises we used FCC. We will use our last one in January. Yes, I am dissapointed that it will no longer be offered, but when it comes down to it, I just have to look at it as raising their price per person, by about $25 for a 5 day cruise and $50 for a 7 day. But we will continue with Carnival since they still offer a better price than other lines at this time, and I am still very happy with the overall cruise experience. Am I looking at this the wrong way?

Our last three cruises we used FCC. We will use our last one in January. Yes, I am dissapointed that it will no longer be offered, but when it comes down to it, I just have to look at it as raising their price per person, by about $25 for a 5 day cruise and $50 for a 7 day. But we will continue with Carnival since they still offer a better price than other lines at this time, and I am still very happy with the overall cruise experience. Am I looking at this the wrong way?

As much as I dislike Carnival as a company, for what they are doing first to their Carnival Cruise lines and (if it takes; they've tried some screw-the-customer options before) eventually all their lines, you still seem to be aware of the situation (an increase in the cost of your cruise) and if cruisng with them still works for you, no arguments from me.

I just wish you DID find other options to try and maybe help stop this latest customer-be-damned policy in its tracks. Maybe next time!:o

They are not always the lowest price these days. Doing our frist NCL in FEb due to the ongoing cutbacks

Used to book Carnival out of Galveston.Hated the Magic.Too many people for the public areas.Could hear banging in the room at night and it kept waking us up.The food on the buffet was not even medicore.Will go out of Galveston again on another line.Will probably use Princess as we have been happy with them.Carnival is not giving me a reason to even check their cruises anymore.:(:(

No other cruise line can compete with Carnival day in and day out without going bankrupt. Sure you might be able to find a special on a cruise that isn't selling well.

You can get the same deal as a FCC by booking a cruise while on a cruise. Just takes a little advance planning. No big deal.

There are certain groups of people that it is a big deal to. Hubby is active duty Army and there is no way that we could book a cruise that far out. The FCC allowed us to still get the benefit of the on board credit with out booking. I really hope they bring it back.

We always book within a month of the cruise we just finished. We book as a group through a travel agent after all 100+ of us agree on a cruise. Now that the FCC is gone we'll just book a balcony in a lower category and save $50 pp, and we will finally get our original $100 deposit back because we won't have to buy another FCC. No skin off my butt!

Gee I wish I had the time and money to do that!

No other cruise line can compete with Carnival day in and day out without going bankrupt. Sure you might be able to find a special on a cruise that isn't selling well.

You can get the same deal as a FCC by booking a cruise while on a cruise. Just takes a little advance planning. No big deal.

There are certain groups of people that it is a big deal to. Hubby is active duty Army and there is no way that we could book a cruise that far out. The FCC allowed us to still get the benefit of the on board credit with out booking. I really hope they bring it back.

It is also a big deal to families that have to deal with school schedules and having to put up $1250 for deposits :eek:. I'm on a cruise, I don't have unlimited funds to put up that much more money to book another cruise. :mad::(

Amillard222. Please thank your Hubby for his service to our country and thank you also :)

oops your lack of objectivity is showing again.

Archived