Anything close to phu my?

grams98

Not crazy about taking a two hour bus ride into Saigon, and was thinking that phu my perhaps something of interest? Is there a beach near by or any cultural sights? Tried googling, but not too much popped up. I was hoping that someone here may have done an excursion closer to the ship? Thanks, grams98

Well, princess does offer the bus in and back for 99 dollars, and if we have to drive the two hours each way, we will. From what I read ho chi Minh city is really worth it. So, it is either that or going to the old port of vin trau ( one hour) each way for a day visit. I have had time to read further, and evidently the scenery is beautiful. So we will probably go with the trip to ho chi Minh city. Thanks, grams98

Would I be right in assuming that there are loads of vans waiting to take passengers into Siagon possibly with the driver giving a tour then free time in town before taking passengers back to ship.

I may be wrong ,but I was of the understanding that they need passenger names and passport details in advance, in order to pick anyone up.

grams98 Anything close to phu my?

Not crazy about taking a two hour bus ride into Saigon, and was thinking that phu my perhaps something of interest? Is there a beach near by or any cultural sights? Tried googling, but not too much popped up. I was hoping that someone here may have done an excursion closer to the ship? Thanks, grams98

No . Phu My is just a huge container terminal. You either do a ships tour or have a private tour arranged.

Princess did have a shuttle service on our last call there which took you about 20 minutes away to a local village. It was OK, but not much there except vendors hassling tourists with tee shirts.

They should also have a tour to Vung Tau which is about 40 minutes away. They usually offer VungTau on its own , or as we did a Vung Tau and the Countryside. The latter turned out to be one of the best ships tours we have ever done , as we visited locals in their own homes. They also put on a great lunch in a authentic Vietnamese Style Resort Hotel, which was on the water overlooking Vung Tau.

kiwi kruzer, i saw the van trau excursion. it looks really nice. have you also done the siagon 2 hour bus ride and seen that city? was just wondering if you felt it was worth the drive? also, what did you do in nha trang? thanks, grams98

• 2 weeks later...
kiwi kruzer, i saw the van trau excursion. it looks really nice. have you also done the siagon 2 hour bus ride and seen that city? was just wondering if you felt it was worth the drive? also, what did you do in nha trang? thanks, grams98

I did Phu Mi and HCM city (Saigon) 4 times by bus with smiletours.com and the ride in the morning with the trafic is closer to 3 hours...ibid to come back. You are better off to book an independent tour because the taxis are very hard to bargain with and you will have a lot of walking once in town. And taxi drivers are not tour guides. I recommend smile tours that we have used more than once and Thi the owner is the nicest person. Excellent English but she caters to large CC groups.

Archived