Anytime Dining question

Bibble

My best friend and I like to eat with others while on a cruise, and usually do a set dinner time. Our next cruise though, we don't want to be tied down to a set time, so we are booked for AnyTime Dining.

My question is, when we show up, do "parties of 2" typically get sat alone at a 2-top, or do they fill up a table like they do in the morning for breakfast in the MDR? Could we ask to join a table, or is that kind of "weird"?

Thanks!

When you enter the MDR, just tell the person at the podium your table preference and they will accommodate. Depending on how busy it is, you may need to wait a bit to get the specific seating you want but they will do everything possible to seat you with others if you like. Something to consider though is that the 2-tops are very close together so if you take one of those, you will extremely close to your neighbors at adjacent tables and effectively "seated with" others.... although the others may not want to make much conversation. Here's a photo of the typical 2-top setup (this is from the Freedom):

2391152430103596279S425x425Q85.jpg

My best friend and I like to eat with others while on a cruise, and usually do a set dinner time. Our next cruise though, we don't want to be tied down to a set time, so we are booked for AnyTime Dining.

My question is, when we show up, do "parties of 2" typically get sat alone at a 2-top, or do they fill up a table like they do in the morning for breakfast in the MDR? Could we ask to join a table, or is that kind of "weird"?

Thanks!

My last three cruises with ATD we were given a two top. You can make a request each night but if something like that is not available when you arrive, you might have to wait a few moments until it is, just as you might have to wait if you want specific waiters. It is not weird at all.

I once went to dinner without my husband and they seated me in a booth with another couple but did ask me for a preference. We had fun getting to know one another.

On the Fantasy last year my husband and I did YTD and without even asking got a 2 top table every time and I think had to wait maybe 1 minute one night to get seated. That was our first cruise and after seeing the lines wrapped around the atrium for the seated dining times were very pleased we went with YTD.

I think it depends on the hostess, some will ask if you want a 2-top or wish to share a larger table, some do not. If they do not ask you can make the request when you aproach the hostess. The Valor 2-tops are set close like the picture on a previos post. DW and I met some very nice couples on either side of us when we sat at a 2-top. Have fun.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

Thank you all for your replies!

I was afraid that "requesting" a bigger table might come across as invading other's privacy or such. Then again, even the 2-top, you're all right, we would be very close to neighbors :)

I would like to warn you that if you are use to the time specific dinning and are switching be prepared to wait in line though. We tried the ATD once and switched back to selecting a time. The line isn't worth the freedom.

Some 2tops are very close, just like the pix shows. On some ships theere are 2tops placed (seemingly) randomly in the middle of the aisle all by themselves. Those tables always seemed to be like fishbowls, everybody watching you.:eek:

At times we like to share and do not care where we are placed. BUT if you are the first ones at the table the waiters will wait a while to see if the table fills up before approaching.

Thank you all for your replies!

I was afraid that "requesting" a bigger table might come across as invading other's privacy or such. Then again, even the 2-top, you're all right, we would be very close to neighbors :)

We always let the hostess know we don't mind sitting with others. But most of the time we are seated at 2 tops.

Don't worry about invading other party's. If you are seated at a larger table and others are already seated, they will have also said they were willing to share a table.

We always let the hostess know we don't mind sitting with others. But most of the time we are seated at 2 tops.

Don't worry about invading other party's. If you are seated at a larger table and others are already seated, they will have also said they were willing to share a table.

That makes sense. Thank you!

Archived