"Happy Hour"

RTLS

I understand that Happy Hour is from 5pm to 6pm. Is anyone able to tell me whether this would happen on embarkation day? We won't leave Civitavecchia until 8pm but a small group of people who have arranged tours together on the roll call would like to meet for a drink before dinner. And it would be very nice if that coincided with the opportunity to have 2 for 1 drinks.

I know there will probably be the muster drill to deal with also but that's another issue.

Thanks

I would not count on a HAPPY HOUR the first evening. I just looked back on my CURRENTS (on board newsletter) and HAPPY HOUR was not mentioned until the 2nd night. Our last two musters were around 5 PM. day of sailing. Wines/beers are not that expensive.

On the Riviera embarking in Lisbon in June, the ship had a Sail Away party at about 5 pm with 2 for 1 drinks. The muster drill was at 4 pm if I remember correctly.

It was great to stand on deck with drinks as we sailed under the great bridge out to sea!

Charlotte

What time was Muster drill then??

Muster was shortly after 5:00pm and we proceeded to the CC get together in Horizons. So it may have gone 6:00 by the time I ordered my drink. But I was asked if I wanted the two cocktails or a double pour for "Happy Hour". Perhaps it was extended because of the drill. We note that the application of the Happy Hour is somewhat liberal.

Muster was shortly after 5:00pm and we proceeded to the CC get together in Horizons. So it may have gone 6:00 by the time I ordered my drink. But I was asked if I wanted the two cocktails or a double pour for "Happy Hour". Perhaps it was extended because of the drill. We note that the application of the Happy Hour is somewhat liberal.

Thanks

Interesting...I do not think I had ever seen them do HH after the drill

Will check on our next cruise ;)

Thanks

Interesting...I do not think I had ever seen them do HH after the drill

Will check on our next cruise ;)

Neither have we. Whenever we have had a drink on the first evening before 6 it has always been full price. Hope what OP experienced is permanent change.

Yes, because after spending ten thousand dollars on a cruise and flying halfway around the World to meet the ship, it is those full priced cocktails which might push us over the brink into the abyss of economic ruin. :p

Why do you think that they call it Demon Rum?

215944.jpg

Thankyou all for the replies.

We had no plans whatsoever to cancel the get together if there is no "Happy Hour". Simply we were considering changing our original invitation from "6pm or 15 minutes after the muster drill if there is a conflict" to 5.45pm or etc. etc" We just thought that others might appreciate enjoying a "Happy Hour" if it works out.

Yes, because after spending ten thousand dollars on a cruise and flying halfway around the World to meet the ship, it is those full priced cocktails which might push us over the brink into the abyss of economic ruin. :p

Why do you think that they call it Demon Rum?

215944.jpg

Didn't say it stopped us from having an adult beverage - just said it would be nice. Not all of us spend $10,000 and fly half way round the world for every cruise or have our own stocked bar. Yes, you guys are hilarious and I enjoy your posts very much and they are infromative. But sometimes feel responses are a put down of others. That's why I often hesitate to post. Guess I'm just too thin skinned.

... Yes, you guys are hilarious and I enjoy your posts very much and they are infromative. But sometimes feel responses are a put down of others. That's why I often hesitate to post. Guess I'm just too thin skinned.

Findacruise, I commiserate. I also feel that way sometimes. (Yes JimandStan, we know you are the acknowledged experts, but sometimes you do come across as a bit over-the-top.) (Although JandS, I do agree with you about the drinks issue--that's why I'll be buying the prestige drinks package when I finally sail O next year.)

Archived