Luggage question

hannahsmomtoo

ok This is dumb....

but when they say a suitcase can't be more than 16 inches high...

That is when it is laying down.. like ready to be packed.. measured from the ground up right?

My sister says "high" is how tall it is when standing.... but most suitcases would be WAY more than 16" standing upright...

Yep, from the ground up no larger than 16 x 24 x how long do you want to go. It makes no difference which side is measured.

If it fits on an airplane it will fit on a cruiseship. Modern suitcases will work. They discourage steamer trunks.;):)

We might have an issue with this one...we are traveling for two months directly from our cruise and a week before the cruise. One suitcase is 29" the other is 25"...crap. This is our first cruise, will they not let that on?:eek:

The size is 16"H x 24"W and no length restrictions.

Let me try to explain this to you. If you stand your piece of luggage on its wheels and the pull handle is up (next to your hand), that is the length. Think of the width as looking at it left to right. The height as from front (where the outer pockets are) to back (where the handle is located). If this is still confusing, read this as you are looking at a suitcase.

In any case, the 25" & 29" suitcases are fine.

You will be fine. My suitcases are 29 inches and never had a problem. As you can see below guest are ENCOURAGED to limit checked luggage. If you are carrying it on is cannot exceed 16" x 24" with no length restrictions. Here is a link that will help:

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2010/04/09/do-you-have-luggage-restrictions.aspx

Guests are encouraged to limit their checked luggage to two suitcases per person, with each suitcase not to weigh more than 50 pounds and not exceed 16"H x 24"W (no length restrictions). Please attach your Carnival Cruise Lines luggage tags PRIOR to leaving home and make sure that they are still on your bags when checking in with us. In many ports, guests have the option of carrying luggage on board at embarkation and off the ship at the end of the cruise as long as it does not exceed 16"H x 24"W (no length restrictions). This is an advantage you may want to consider as it will allow for quicker easier access to your bags.

The size is 16"H x 24"W and no length restrictions.

Let me try to explain this to you. If you stand your piece of luggage on its wheels and the pull handle is up (next to your hand), that is the length. Think of the width as looking at it left to right. The height as from front (where the outer pockets are) to back (where the handle is located). If this is still confusing, read this as you are looking at a suitcase.

In any case, the 25" & 29" suitcases are fine.

This helped ! Thank you ! You explained it much more clearly that I asked it ! :D

Archived