Ship-Mate Carnival app

ajenali

I've had this app for my iphone for about a year and a half and loved the horn. But, there was an update for the app a few months back and ever since I updated it, my horn doesn't work. It was the best horn ever--a couple different versions and it sounded just like the ship's horn.

Also, I use it to list my upcoming cruises and it automatically does a countdown for you. Just this afternoon I went to add another cruise that I booked this week for next October on the Glory. It wasn't even listed on the itinerary. Go figure. They had September and November of 2013, but no October.

This app used to be more fun. I loved blowing that horn!

Duh, I just figured the horn out!

It's the speaker icon in the upper right corner of the "My Cruise" part of the app. Hah, it's great. :D

Thank you Thank you Thank you DeloreanGirl for figuring out the horn. Yay! I never saw that speaker icon in the upper right corner. My horn is blowing again.

First, the countdown - LOVE that

Second, deck maps - LOVE that

Third Best - Web Cams streaming when they are up so we can see it instantly all boats - LOVE that.

I tried All Aboard and didn't like it as much. I have iphone and love this app.

Thanks for giving me a new tech tool to be addicted to ! I went to the apps store and searched for All Aboard, somehow Ship Mate is what downloaded, are they different ?

I love the app. The checklist, the plan your itinerary, WOW ! FUN and helpful.

It says you can use it on the ship without the internet. How do I assure that the phone and web are off if I choose to use it ?

My plan was to lock the phone in the safe so I wouldn't accidently do something and come home to a surprise bill.

I have an iphone and have had this app for a couple of years. Since I did an update to the app a few months back, my horn doesn't work anymore. And, just this afternoon, I went to add a cruise that I booked this week for next year and it's not listed on the Glory's itinerary. Go figure. I just loved the app when I could blow the ship horn. Not so much now.

I have noted a similar issue. I have and like the app but I am also looking for a Glory cruise for May of next year and the app only shows dates going out to April 28, 2013. It also shows cruises going back at least 2 years to 2010. :eek: I don't know why those cruises are still listed but future ones are not? :confused: If I look at other Carnival ships the app shows cruises through most of 2013 into 2014 except for the Glory......

It says you can use it on the ship without the internet. How do I assure that the phone and web are off if I choose to use it ?

What kind of phone do you have? With iphone it's just putting it in Airplane Mode

So just by putting it in Airplane Mode I can be assured I will not get any data or phone calls?

I have an android phone and have used the airplane mode but then shut it down.

So in Airplane Mode even on a flight I can play with the app or games? I ask someone at Sprint about this, a tech person, and he didn't know...

So in Airplane Mode even on a flight I can play with the app or games? I ask someone at Sprint about this, a tech person, and he didn't know...

I can't speak for Android - but i can for iphone. On iphone it turns off wifi, cellular connections (voice/data) & GPS stuff so you are completely off and can play with it in flight.

Airplane mode is the same no matter what phone you are using. It will shut off the transmission of data to and from the device.

I usually put my Iphone in airplane mode after making the last necessary calls to say we are alive and on board, then I take it off when I am in port, about 300 yards from the ship, so I can call the kiddos. I just do the international plan for the month, worth the $6 or whatever extra it is from my provider to get the lower rates the few times I have to use it.

I did find this app right before our cruise 2 wks. ago. We were on The Miracle. I have an android phone and I put it in airplane mode on the ship. I used the app all through the cruise. I'd just take out my phone and pull the deck plan up. I loved it!:)

I just downloaded the EOS for our Oct. cruise. It's not giving me my choice of dates. I think it should???? I have to look at it more.:confused:

So just by putting it in Airplane Mode I can be assured I will not get any data or phone calls?

I have an android phone and have used the airplane mode but then shut it down.

As far as I can tell, yes, you can use apps and games that are downloaded into your phone.

I am wondering if anyone has used their phone in PORTS in airplane mode, and turned on the wi-fi to use free wi-fi in restaurants etc.. without ending up with charges. does it work :confused: I read somewhere that I would have to delete my APNs and put new ones in on my return. I have no idea how to do that!

Archived