Ship-Mate Carnival app

ajenali

:)Just downloded this. £1.49 here!First app iv actually paid for on my new iphone.Well worth it, think I will be using it loads before our transatlantic on the Breeze in 1month 14 days and 14hours as it says in the countdown!

I downloaded this app earlier this week and love it. Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to use it any while on board because of incurring costs while at sea as much as I would like to be able to.

Even if you turn off your internet and don't make/receive calls, those smart phones (iphone and androids) constantly are getting automatic updates which incur fees. :( If only there was a true accurate way around this. Although others mention putting their phone in airplane mode avoids this, I have not been assured this is accurate, as fees were still charged while doing this "airplane mode"

To avoid this we always just turn off our phones when we go up to sail away and put them in the safe all week.

I have had it for awhile and it is great.

I too am missing my May 2003 Cruise on the Spirit - when I get time i will email them to find out what happened - there is non for my ship for the whole of May and I know there is at least 2 cruises.

I downloaded this app earlier this week and love it. Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to use it any while on board because of incurring costs while at sea as much as I would like to be able to.

Even if you turn off your internet and don't make/receive calls, those smart phones (iphone and androids) constantly are getting automatic updates which incur fees. :( If only there was a true accurate way around this. Although others mention putting their phone in airplane mode avoids this, I have not been assured this is accurate, as fees were still charged while doing this "airplane mode"

To avoid this we always just turn off our phones when we go up to sail away and put them in the safe all week.

You need to turn off data roaming. This tells your phone not to roam on another system which is what incurrs the crazy fees. I don't put mine on airplane so o cam still get calls/texts, but I leave it in my safe to check in the evenings....

I have this app on my Droid X, and I Love It! Everything works great for me. Love the "chat" on it too. There is a lot of cruise info to be had with this app. One time, the "fog horn" stuck when I would use it, but, on my next cruise I entered, it was fine. Love those horn sounds!

I have this app on my Droid X, and I Love It! Everything works great for me. Love the "chat" on it too. There is a lot of cruise info to be had with this app. One time, the "fog horn" stuck when I would use it, but, on my next cruise I entered, it was fine. Love those horn sounds!

There's a horn???

I love this app! I have it for our upcoming Carnival cruise and our NCL cruise next year.

I love browsing and reading about the ship, port stops and what everyone has to say about it ... while I'm commuting on the bus to/from work. Makes going to work less painless ...

Archived