Disney Wonder - California Coastal Cruise - 9/16 to 9/23

iggy's mom

After picture taking on the ship, it was time to head out and about.

Here's a picture the "lovely" industrial building one has to walk through to get from the ship out to the boardwalk.

file_zpsbcff17c5.jpg

Once off of the ship, we walked over to Pier 39. It is a very short walk. Once off the ship, hang a right and Pier 39 is directly ahead of you.

Picture from the walk over to Pier 39.

file_zps799d1226.jpg

DH and I wanted to the "hop on/hop off double decker bus" so we purchased a two day pass. On this day we rode around the entire loop which took about 2.5 hours. This includes going back and forth over the Golden Gate Bridge. The next day we did the bus again but got on and off at several stops.

If you decide to do the hop-on/off bus while in San Francisco and you pick it up on Pier 39, don't fret over where you sit on the bus as the first stop you have to get out and get on a different bus.

Some random pictures from this day's bus tour.

file_zps125b367a.jpg

Note how close the cable car lines are.

file_zps117f55ec.jpg

file_zps9fc29eeb.jpg

file_zps6821babb.jpg

file_zps91b35152.jpg

After we did the entire loop, we got off at Pier 39 and had lunch. The ship is so close we could have walked back there and eaten on board but we didn't.

When we did go back, we had a neighbor docked next to us.

file-13.jpg

More Pier 39 pictures.

file-12.jpg

file-11.jpg

file-9.jpg

We went back to our ship for a while, and then headed out for the second part of our day.

I'm a huge baseball fan. When had booked this cruise before this year's baseball schedule was announced and when it was announced I was happy that a game was being played the night we were in town. We walked over to Pier 39 to catch a cab and we were off to the game.

Although I'm not a Giants fan, I have to admit their stadium is beautiful.

file_zps8da0899a.jpg

file_zpsf10a9484.jpg

file_zps1813c88b.jpg

file_zpsf732d2c1.jpg

We off in the distance, we saw a Princess ship. I'm not sure which one it was. On the bus the next day we heard the tour guide tell someone that the ship was there for dry dock. Not sure if that was accurate.

file_zpsb6e9d6b3.jpg

After the game we caught a cab back to the ship. Our towel animal for the evening was this fellow.

file_zps095b3084.jpg

Just a few odds and ends...

I thought that perhaps it would be open seating or something to the affect for dinner since we were in port over night, however I guessed wrong. The dining rotation keeps going on as normal. This would have been our first night for Tritons.

On board you could purchase this sipper cups. They are just like the ones at DCA, however the logo was specific for the Pixar cruises.

file_zpsbbb66752.jpg

Here's a picture of the wave phones in each stateroom. DH and I didn't use them so I'm not sure how well they work.

file_zpsfec14ba8.jpg

Thank you so much for posting this today, I know you just got back today. I'm so excited as our cruise is in two weeks. I can't wait to read more about your cruise and keep the photos coming they look fantastic. I am really enjoying the day by day details.

Just a few quick questions:

1. Did you happen to keep the daily navigators, if yes could you post pictures or a PDF or it?

2. On the semi-formal night did guests dress up on this night as well or would you say it was more business casual attire? (Did you see an tuxes?)

3. Was Pirate's night on Tuesday night when your were docked in San Francisco, if so did they do the fireworks in the San Francisco bay?

Thanks

Yes, I do have the daily navigators however my scanner isn't currently working. If I can fix it, I will be more than happy to post them. In the meantime, if you have any specific information you'd like from them, please let me know.

On the formal nights, I personally didn't see any tuxes. Guys either were were suits or sports jackets. I did see several ladies in full length gowns but mostly it seemed business casual to me.

Pirate night was on Friday night (San Diego).

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

We are going on our first Disney cruise in November. I have heard others mention the Rainforest, and would like to find out more about it. Would you mind telling me about your experience there and what is available when you purchase it? Your pictures are beautiful and they are really getting me in the mood for our cruise.

Thanks,

Peggy

I absolutely loved the Rainforest. They have a 1 day pass or a week pass. There are 4 heated lounge chairs to enjoy. There is a dry sauna room that hot but not too hot. There is a scented steam room and with mild to heavy steam. Then there is a another steam room that is very hot, very steamy and humid.

DH & I used the Rainforest 6 out of the 7 days, so we definitely feel like we got out money's worth.

Hope your cruise is a fabulous one!

Hi there, our Family is going to travel with DCL this coming September 30.

Thank you very much for the photos. I have a couple of questions.

You said in your first post that you arrived at 10:20 a.m. Correct?

Then I have a Boarding time of 11:30 a.m. on my itineary, do you think I should also arrive at 10:20 a.m.?

Also, did you bring any alcholol on board? If so, would a backpack work? Or more of a carrie on bag?

Thank you.

Correct, we arrived at 10:20am. We got there that early for 2 reasons. First, we had absolutely no traffic on the freeway and second, because I made us leave earlier than we needed to. I really wanted to be on the ship right at our scheduled time. As it was, boarding was delayed a bit, so we definitely were there a tad too early.

Wednesday, September 19 - San Francisco, Day #2

We were up, ready and off the ship by 8:30am, and leisurely strolled over to Pier 39 to pick up the hop-on/off bus.

A few pictures:

file-15.jpg

file-16.jpg

file-17.jpg

Today's goal was to do the full loop again on the bus, only this time getting off and on at a few of the stops. We were on either the first or second bus of the day. This morning was really cold (at least to me) and DH found it to be "chilly" so he opted to sit downstairs and inside the bus with me instead out in the open air, second story.

The first stop we got off at was the Natural History Museum. The grounds were pretty and we decided the next time we are up in San Francisco we will make the time to go to this museum.

file-18.jpg

file-19.jpg

Across the street is the Presido. DH wanted to find the Yoda, from Star Wars statue (or fountain...I forget which it is, but he didn't find it).

file-33.jpg

file-34.jpg

We hopped back on the bus and took it through China Town and got off at the Embarcadero and walked back towards the ship and Pier 39. This was about at 20-25 minute walk.

Random pictures from this walk...

file-35.jpg

file-42.jpg

file-36.jpg

file-36.jpg

file-40.jpg

file-41.jpg

We ate a small lunch at the pier, and then got back on the ship. DH read for a while and then went to see Finding Nemo in the theater. This was showing twice in the Walt Disney Theater on this day instead of a main production show. I went to the gym and then to the Rainforest.

Rib Eye

file-47.jpg

Grouper

file-48.jpg

Sundae

file-50.jpg

S'More Vanilla Cake (I think...)

file-49.jpg

The adult cabaret for this evening was a juggling and comedy act by Mike Price. DH & I liked his show. On this cruise, we wound up agreeing that we liked all of the performers for the adult cabaret. Usually I won't like someone's humor that DH loves, or I'll like a performance that DH doesn't get, but this time we agreed on everyone.

Yes' date=' I do have the daily navigators however my scanner isn't currently working. If I can fix it, I will be more than happy to post them. In the meantime, if you have any specific information you'd like from them, please let me know.

On the formal nights, I personally didn't see any tuxes. Guys either were were suits or sports jackets. I did see several ladies in full length gowns but mostly it seemed business casual to me.

Pirate night was on Friday night (San Diego).

Hope you have a wonderful cruise![/quote']

Thanks for the info - since Pirates night is on Friday did they also have fireworks that night? I only ask because my itinerary online says fireworks are on Tuesday night.

Also can you confirm what days are formal/semi formal night for me?

Archived