Disney Wonder - California Coastal Cruise - 9/16 to 9/23

iggy's mom

If you decide to do the hop-on/off bus while in San Francisco and you pick it up on Pier 39' date=' don't fret over where you sit on the bus as the first stop you have to get out and get on a different bus.

Note how close the cable car lines are.

[img']http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv239/iggydaisyduncan/Disney%20Wonder%202012/file_zps117f55ec.jpg[/img]

Those are electric bus or trolley cables. The cable cars are pulled along by a cable running under the street. You can spot the cable car tracks as the three tracks, the center track being "hollow".

Nice timing on the photos. I saw the Disney Wonder back in San Francisco this morning.

Thanks for the info - since Pirates night is on Friday did they also have fireworks that night? I only ask because my itinerary online says fireworks are on Tuesday night.

Also can you confirm what days are formal/semi formal night for me?

Fireworks are on Pirate Night. The only exception to this is cruises that travel over New Years Eve. Those cruises will have the fireworks on NYE, not pirate night, as the ships are allowed only so much in explosives onboard on a given cruise.

:)

Those are electric bus or trolley cables. The cable cars are pulled along by a cable running under the street. You can spot the cable car tracks as the three tracks, the center track being "hollow".

Nice timing on the photos. I saw the Disney Wonder back in San Francisco this morning.

ooppps... my bad. :(

Thanks for the info - since Pirates night is on Friday did they also have fireworks that night? I only ask because my itinerary online says fireworks are on Tuesday night.

Also can you confirm what days are formal/semi formal night for me?

Pirate Night with the fireworks was on Friday on our cruise. In the Navigator it's listed as Pirates in the Caribbean Deck Party from 9:45pm-10:45pm.

Formal night was Monday (sea day) and semi-formal night was Thursday (sea day).

Thursday, September 20 (Sea Day)

Today was a sea day and DH & I did what we typical do on sea days. He reads and go out and join the activities. DH also had an added bonus that today was his birthday, so he got to celebrate on the ship!

The highlight of the day for me was getting to hear Jay Ward's presentation. Jay is considered to be the "guardian" of the Cars franchise, and we found his presentation to be engaging. Jay did his presentation twice during the day in the Walt Disney Theater. I loved hearing about how Cars Land came about and about the construction of the rides.

The evening show in the Walt Disney Theater today was "Toy Story The Musical." I liked it better than DH did.

Then it was off to Palo for DH's birthday dinner. We had a wonderful server, and the pace for dinner was perfect. Not long and drawn out, but not rushed either.

file-79.jpg

Antipasto Plate

file-80.jpg

file-81.jpg

Grilled Shrimp

file-70.jpg

Mozzarella and Tomato

file-69.jpg

Loving your review. Thank you! I am on this cruise next week (9/30 sail date). Can you tell me which company you used to book the hop on hop off bus tour in San Francisco?

We didn't use a company to book the hop on/off bus. They sell the tickets where the bus stops at Pier 39, so that's how we purchased our tickets. Sometimes they have an extra employee on the bus who handles the payments for the tickets.

Hope your cruise is fun!

We didn't use a company to book the hop on/off bus. They sell the tickets where the bus stops at Pier 39' date=' so that's how we purchased our tickets. Sometimes they have an extra employee on the bus who handles the payments for the tickets.

Hope your cruise is fun![/quote']

Do you recall the price you paid for the all day bus pass?

Are the formal and semi formal dining nights for special dining rooms or is it for all the rotation dining? Men need a tie and jacket or will nice shirt be okay?

We'll be on this ship Sunday and the 9 of us are trying to figure what we'll need. It'll be bad enough going from Ventura County to the pier since the 405 will be closed at the 101 to the 110. I'm thinking PCH to ?? Lots of you seem to be local too, what do you plan to do? Rest of the family think we should go to Disneyland Saturday and spend the night. (I'd need that sea day to rest up after riding stuff and all that walking with a 3 yr old and (2) 6 yr olds (all girls) and their parents who are more into Disney than they are.)

Cruisin Oldies

Are the formal and semi formal dining nights for special dining rooms or is it for all the rotation dining? Men need a tie and jacket or will nice shirt be okay?

We'll be on this ship Sunday and the 9 of us are trying to figure what we'll need. It'll be bad enough going from Ventura County to the pier since the 405 will be closed at the 101 to the 110. I'm thinking PCH to ?? Lots of you seem to be local too, what do you plan to do? Rest of the family think we should go to Disneyland Saturday and spend the night. (I'd need that sea day to rest up after riding stuff and all that walking with a 3 yr old and (2) 6 yr olds (all girls) and their parents who are more into Disney than they are.)

Cruisin Oldies

The formal nights keep with the regular rotation. Our first formal night was in Parrot Cay. I forget where our second should have been as that is the night we ate in Palo. There was a wide range of dress on formal nights. Everything from casual to dressy. Jackets and ties are not required. DH didn't where a tie and took off his jacket once he saw other men not wearing one.

My fingers are crossed for you with 405 being closed. Hopefully it will be like last time. Everyone stayed off the roads then! PCH might be a good option but it gets backed up too.

The plan for the day was to catch a cab to the zoo, so that is what we did.

We had noticed that there were several news helicopters circling overhead when we were out taking pictures. As we were getting ready to get off of the ship, Christian, the CD, made an announcement about it being the first time ever for the Disney Wonder to make a stop in San Diego.

Once off of the ship, we saw several of these along with people being interviewed.

file-103.jpg

There weren't any cabs readily available outside of the dock area, so DH & walked a few blocks down to the Holiday Inn where there were plenty of cabs.

We got to the zoo at about 9:30am and stayed until just a bit after 2:30pm. When it was time to come back "home" there were plenty of cabs lined up at the zoo entrance. The cab rides were about $11 each way.

file-104.jpg

file-96.jpg

This was the only day that we did not use our Rainforest pass. It was abnormally hot and humid in San Diego! When we got back on the ship, we went to the pool, along with just about everyone else on the ship it seemed. :)

The comedian and ventriloquist who did the adult show the night before did his family show this night. DH & I both liked his family show as much as his adult show.

Since it was Pirates of the Caribbean night, dinner on this night was also pirate themed.

file-115.jpg

Pineapple with banana & coconut

file-110.jpg

Salads

file-111.jpg

file-112.jpg

Archived