Food

apw591

Second attempt...my previous (long) attempt disappeared into cyberspace!!:confused:

Beachcomber (deck 10) is a cafeteria type set up where you queue for your food and then find a table either inside or out at the aft of the ship. Tea, coffee machines and hot or cold water available 24/7 ....a choice of meat dishes, potatoes, vegetables, salad bar and cold sweets, fresh fruit salad and hot pudding.

We ate in the Island restaurant (deck 6 best for if the ship's moving about a bit being low and midships!!!) for all our meals (apart from a couple in the Oasis) where you wait at the door to be shown to a table either just for two or, as we prefer, a table of six/eight by a window if you like. we have tablecloths and napkins here but it is still a buffet of several meat choices...perhaps chicken casserole, pork chops, carvery, fish and boiled or roast potatoes, chips and a choice of hot veg.....there is also a cold meat and salad bar, soup and rolls....take back to table where your glass will have been filled with water for you...enjoy ...then time for pudding either hot crumble, pie, with custard or cold selection...when that's finished you will be offered tea/coffee by the waiters. Just a bit more civilised than the Beachcomber and not such a rush...as RR says they do have curries, pizzas, Chinese themed evenings but there is always a British option as well..

Then there is the speciality restaurant Oasis (deck 5) which has a cover charge of 15.00 per person...well worth it if you want a treat!! There is full waiter service and we had a couple of very nice meals here, lovely steaks, varied menu and, in our case, wonderful company!!!:D

Think that's about it if you want any more info just ask!!:)

Oh yes ....I think we succumbed once or twice....just as well I had plenty of elastic waistbands!!!!

Scones, jam and cream, sandwiches and biscuits/cakes we usually try to avoid as we eat early in the evening....doesn't always work though!!:)

p.s. should have said there is fresh fruit...oranges, bananas on the counter at breakfast time in the Island restaurant...there are also set times for dining in the Island restaurant whereas the Beachcomber is open all hours. Oasis just in the evening.

Please stop talking about food? I'm hungry now and 2 1/2 hours to dinner :mad:

Ha Ha :D right....cakes scones cream jam biscuits sandwiches pork chops curry chicken steak fish and chips bacon eggs sausages mushrooms omlettes pasta shepherd's pie hot-dogs burgers sponge pudding custard...sorry RR couldn't resist this am in a silly mood today, just trying to ignore all this rain I suppose!

• 1 month later...

Archived