New to Oceania

highgrovers

Hi All

Does anyone have a list of the $49 95 package of all inclusive alcohol.

I am very interested as to what champagnes are offered.

Thanks for any reply's.

Rich

Mumm's Cuvée "Brut Prestige", Perrier Jouët "Grand Brut", and occasionally Vueve Clicquot Ponsardin, Brut Yellow Lable as well as the "house sparkling" which may or may not be a champagne.

I haven't sailed on Riviera although I've been on all of O's other ships, including the departed Insignia, and I cannot say I ever experienced this.

Perhaps the person in question wants his food hotter than the rest of us?

Mura, scratching her head

The person in question was me. No it is not that I require my food to be hotter than the rest of you, but food that is only warm, in my opinion is not to my taste.

I agree with one of the posters about food in Toscana, yes we saw food left on the station whilst the waiter served others, and yes they had a conversation with the table and food was left for some time, therfore it got cold. I blame the person that is fetching the food from the galley they should not stack it on the stations.

Regards sending it back, yes we did this also, but after a few nights it does get tedious to keep sending things back.

Oceania claim that food is cooked more or less to order, I don't think this is the case, because after challenging some of the waiters they addmitted that some things were left of the pass. Soup which the waiters got for themselves was usually hot.

I must say apart from my request for hot food everything else was tip-top and I think I put this in my review.

If like other CC'ers say that the "Feerless Leader" reads CC then I think he should take this up with the Maitre'ds on the ships.

By the way some other posters also have reported "Warm" food not only me so there must be something in it.

Yes, I did see that subsequent comments included agreement with you about the food not being warm enough. It's just not something I've noticed myself. Maybe we were lucky!

And I guess it goes without saying that passengers shouldn't be chatting up the wait staff while they are working.

Mura

My wife and I recently came back from the Baltic cruise on the Marina. It was a great (and totally exhausting) cruise. We made our 4 pre-cruise reservations. Once onboard, we tried almost every day to get an additional specialty restaurant reservation. We didn't have any luck except for the one day that most of the ship was away for dinner in Berlin. So, you can't always count on getting those extra reservations. It's not a problem since the GDR and cafe were fine. Hope that helps.

Hot/warm food is all relative. I have to say that it is a British obsession though. It is cultural. Americans appear to be more relaxed about the temperature of the food on the plate. I have a British mother in law (lucky me) who likes hot plates that burn the fingers. Any thing less is unacceptable. To each his own...:rolleyes:

Hot/warm food is all relative. I have to say that it is a British obsession though. It is cultural. Americans appear to be more relaxed about the temperature of the food on the plate. I have a British mother in law (lucky me) who likes hot plates that burn the fingers. Any thing less is unacceptable. To each his own...:rolleyes:

I may not need my coffee "boiling hot" like a Brit, but I find tepid food unacceptable.

Hi Elaine,

We cruise lots; Celebrity, Princess, RCL and Oceania. No comparing as Oceania is definitely a cut above. NO Photographers snapping so many photos you do NOT want, lattes and cappucinos included at n/c, you may book the specialty restaurants at NO extra charge.

We love Oceania and are on the Riviera inaugural transatlantic. Now transatlantic cruises are always a favorite of ours.

Enjoy the experience. I'm sure you will be very pleased.

Dianne and Al

Victoria, BC

Hi , We are new to Oceania and will hopefully be sailing on Riviera on 29th November,

I am a little confused when looking at our booking online it says we have 4 reservations ?? Are we supposed to make these reservations before we board online ?

Also how does the GDR work are you given a regular table there or is it open dining rather than set times .

Probably sounds like a silly question, we usually cruise with celebrity but thought we would give Oceania a try as we heard lots of good things.

Elaine

Not this American....I like my food piping hot....if it's not hot to begin with, it's sure to be cold before you even finish it. Lukewarm food served at restaurants is one of my pet peeves....I usually don't return to establishments that cannot serve my food hot.

• 2 weeks later...

Another Oceania newbie here. We are curious about trying Oceania, but have built up loyalty with another cruise line and it makes it difficult to think about starting over. Currently we are "Diamond" level with Cunard, with the published benefits that go along with that, plus some unpublished ones (upgrading). My question is this- do cruise lines ever status match the way airlines do?

We are youngish (41/52), retired, and sail about 75 nights per annum. The future revenue flow to another line would be significant, but I can't see them giving away status without some sort of guarantee- and we are loathe to start back at the bottom rung with another line.

Your thoughts are most welcome. Thanks.

Another Oceania newbie here. We are curious about trying Oceania, but have built up loyalty with another cruise line and it makes it difficult to think about starting over. Currently we are "Diamond" level with Cunard, with the published benefits that go along with that, plus some unpublished ones (upgrading). My question is this- do cruise lines ever status match the way airlines do?

They are not affiliated with Cunard

sometime you need to start at the bottom ;)

Archived