Probably the silliest question asked on here

DT1304

This is probably the silliest question asked on this site:

On a cruise out of Australia, is the menu adjusted to take into account the different target market? For example, is vegimite available on American cruise ships out of Australia? Or Nutella?

On a cruise out of Australia, is the menu adjusted to take into account the different target market? For example, is vegimite available on American cruise ships out of Australia? Or Nutella?

Yes - vegemite is available. :) Otherwise, I don't think the menu is adjusted.

DT104.... there's no silly questions here, we are all here to help..... Just don't mention the " tipping " word:p

Or the dress code in MDR on formal night? :D

So based on the replies above, it looks like my daughter will be able to live on her morning routine of toast with nutella spread. (Sure the Nutella is for my daughter. *sarcasm*)

Just off the Sun Princess (Dover to Sydney). Not only did they have a variety of pies & pasties at the outdoor barbecue, they also had 'dead man's leg'....known as a kebab!

Really delicious!

MP.

You could always take a jar of nutella with you, just incase they dont have it onboard the ship your sailing on. Wouldn't want your poor daughter to miss out on her morning ritual :):)
You beat me to it Ausgirl101. I would suggest taking a small jar of Nutella, some plastic disposable spoons and a (very) small (easy to clean) container (or containers if you go with disposable ones). That way, your daughter (or you ;)) can put a small amount in the container to take with her to the buffet or MDR, and that will save her having to carry a jar of Nutella with her.:)

You beat me to it Ausgirl101. I would suggest taking a small jar of Nutella, some plastic disposable spoons and a (very) small (easy to clean) container (or containers if you go with disposable ones). That way, your daughter (or you ;)) can put a small amount in the container to take with her to the buffet or MDR, and that will save her having to carry a jar of Nutella with her.:)

Or she could take 12 pack of Nutella portions so she doesn't have to take the jar with her. They are available in the same section as the Nutella (Sorry I couldn't get the image any smaller lol)

IMG_1923+-+Copy+%25282%2529+-+Copy.JPG

DT104.... there's no silly questions here, we are all here to help..... Just don't mention the " tipping " word:p

Or the dress code in MDR on formal night? :D

So based on the replies above, it looks like my daughter will be able to live on her morning routine of toast with nutella spread. (Sure the Nutella is for my daughter. *sarcasm*)

Or smoking :p

Those small portions of Nutella are a great idea!

Thanks folks,

I was going to take a jar of nutella with me just in case but was asking in the hope that it would be one less thing to carry on with me.

But those small packs are a great idea. Thanks for that.

I always take a "toothpaste" tube of Vegemite with me whenever I cruise. Pack it in checked bag to avoid the tedious "liquids and gels" rules when flying. I need my daily dose!

PS. That huge photo is making this thread TINY.

dont ever remember seeing nutella on the any of the princess ships though they did have vegemite.... but I am sure at one stage they ran out LOL....

the tube of vegemite just reminded of the trip I did in the states earlier this year... one of the group had a tube of vegemite in his pocket.... everytime we were with a group of americans out it would come so everyone could get a take of this infamous substance LOL.....

I always take a "toothpaste" tube of Vegemite with me whenever I cruise. Pack it in checked bag to avoid the tedious "liquids and gels" rules when flying. I need my daily dose!

PS. That huge photo is making this thread TINY.

I did this when I went to the USA in 09. Sat down first morning for breakfast and a fellow traveller on the tour freaked and asked for some. She'd been backpacking across the US for 6 months and had not had any for about 5. We shared and at the end of the tour I gave her the tube - she had another 4 months before returning where I had 2 days. A sacrifice I could make

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Archived