Princess VISA 5X bonus rewards

oratheeexplorer

I just got a mailing from Princess VISA today. They are giving 5X bonus rewards for qualifying restaurant (including fast food places), department stores and electronics stores purchases from October 1st to December 31st. You have to go online or call an 800# to sign up for it.

I signed up for it......just wondering what places are "qualified" for the bonus rewards.

By qualified they really mean all of those kinds of businesses that properly identify the type of business on the charge they send in and also do not have charges countered by a return of the merchandise.

By the way. Some people get the 5X mailing, some get a 2X mailing.

By qualified they really mean all of those kinds of businesses that properly identify the type of business on the charge they send in and also do not have charges countered by a return of the merchandise.

By the way. Some people get the 5X mailing, some get a 2X mailing.

So I guess I was lucky to get the 5X one? I didn't know they did this......my husband has Discover and he has always gotten things like this.

I just got a mailing from Princess VISA today. They are giving 5X bonus rewards for qualifying restaurant (including fast food places), department stores and electronics stores purchases from October 1st to December 31st. You have to go online or call an 800# to sign up for it.

I signed up for it......just wondering what places are "qualified" for the bonus rewards.

I also received this. I called Barclay's to ask which merchants where in the program and the customer service rep told me all restaurants and department stores and electronic stores. I thought many there was a list.

I didn't get either:(! I so rarely use my Princess Visa, you'd think they'd give me some incentive. When I saw the 5X on here, I thought I'd start using the card for everyday purchases and pay it off monthly instead of just using my check card.

I didn't get any offer but I also have an AA MasterCard. I downloaded the AA toolbar for IE and every time I use it for a search and then go to a participating online store, I get a mile for the search, 2-5 miles per $1 spent plus another mile per $1 for paying off the card. Miles really rack up very fast. I used miles for my flights to Galapagos and then Santiago last February in Business Class, booked my LAX to Beijing in April First Class, and now have more than enough to book my LAX to Venice flights next year Business Class. Just saying. For me, air miles are far more valuable than Princess credits.

I didn't receive either of those offers but I am a new customer. The promotion I was offered is that I will receive an additional 15,000 points if I spend over $750 a month from Sept thru Nov. That is a piece of cake to spend. My home oil bill, cell phone bill and my wife's monthly train ticket amounts to about $800 a month. None of these charges are returnable and are part of my monthly house hold budgeted expenses.

I didn't get any offer but I also have an AA MasterCard. I downloaded the AA toolbar for IE and every time I use it for a search and then go to a participating online store, I get a mile for the search, 2-5 miles per $1 spent plus another mile per $1 for paying off the card. Miles really rack up very fast. I used miles for my flights to Galapagos and then Santiago last February in Business Class, booked my LAX to Beijing in April First Class, and now have more than enough to book my LAX to Venice flights next year Business Class. Just saying. For me, air miles are far more valuable than Princess credits.

Pam, have a great time on your cruise. :) I agree, I like the AA miles program and have an AA credit card. Love getting those upgrades on long flights. Going to use miles for the trip to Venice next year for our Royal cruise.

Marcia

Pam, have a great time on your cruise. :) I agree, I like the AA miles program and have an AA credit card. Love getting those upgrades on long flights. Going to use miles for the trip to Venice next year for our Royal cruise.

Marcia

Yup. I plan to book our flights in a month or so. Don't forget to get the AA toolbar. It really does make a difference.

I use my Princess Visa all the time and have received hundred of dollars savings on air, cruises, OBC....but I didn't get an email offer. Maybe they think I use my card enough already:p

Same here ...NO OFFER ...but I will be getting a $500 onboard credit for 40,000points

~Doris~

I use my Princess Visa all the time and have received hundred of dollars savings on air, cruises, OBC....but I didn't get an email offer. Maybe they think I use my card enough already:p

I received the offer in the mail, not email. I use my card a lot too. Just saved $750 with 60,000 points for our Alaska trip. But that will start slowing down now, as one son graduated from college in May and the other will be in December. I used it for tuition, books, everything for them that I could. We've had our card about 2 years now.

We use our credit card for most of our expenses, and still received the offer in the mail. It's on a card, not in an envelope, and I think is green. I bet you will get it too! :)

My fingers are crossed to receive a 5x offer! We are building a house so making LOTS of purchases on that card. Also have a cruise full-payment-due in mid October. We've redeemed points before and just had them put the money as payment on the account vs. spending it on cruise fare, OBC, air fare, etc. It seemed at the time that was the best use of the points. Anyone find that XX number of points gets you a better deal using one way vs. another?? (Right now, I have no time to research those deals !)

Thanks for the heads-up on the extra points so we'll be looking for them:)

My fingers are crossed to receive a 5x offer! We are building a house so making LOTS of purchases on that card. Also have a cruise full-payment-due in mid October. We've redeemed points before and just had them put the money as payment on the account vs. spending it on cruise fare, OBC, air fare, etc. It seemed at the time that was the best use of the points. Anyone find that XX number of points gets you a better deal using one way vs. another?? (Right now, I have no time to research those deals !)

Thanks for the heads-up on the extra points so we'll be looking for them:)

I got it too; by snail mail and for 5X bonus. The best break since they changed the rewards is $750 for 60,000. After that it just doubles, so doesn't pay to wait.

BTW, I wasn't able to sign up on line; had to call. Their URL wouldn't work.

Archived