door decorations?

starshine74

Can anyone let me know if it is okay to put items on the doors on the Star? My son has a form of dyslexia that makes it hard for him to remember numbers and I have a flamingo for my door so he will know where he lives thanks!

Perfectly fine. I used that stuff they sell that you can put a poster up but it comes right off the wall when you want to take it down without damaging the paint...

I wish I had thought of that when we went on a family cruise a few years ago.. my mom's room and brother's room were up the hall from me... three times I woke up her neighbor knocking on her door... (although my 3 year old nephew never had a problem finding the right door!) :o

We've seen many color signs, stickers, magnets, home-made & computer-generated oversized "announcements", ribbons, strings & even ballons outside some of the cabins as we do our deck "exploration" over the years.

Also seen some low-profile, discrete ones using the "mail" slots behind the Stateroom # (with the rotary dial for Do Not Disturb, etc.) - like a color coordinated index card that one only see closeup, or using yellow "Sticky" pads.

This is a good reminder that I should bring something small, and remind those in our group to do the same. It's our first time cruising with friends, so it didn't occur to me that this could avoid the "now which room was theirs?" issue as we stand in the hall looking for them.

FYI, I've heard of cruise lines saying "anything a bit loose (a big sign not fully taped down on the edges, streamers) could be a fire hazzard, so please remove it." But it seems to happen rarely, and I'm sure if you give your justification to them, you'll be fine.

Yes you can...but if it's really adorable/desirable you might want to put your name on it. I had a few things disappear now and then until I started making them less desirable for thieves. Now our name or state or something distinct is a part of everything I stick outside the door. So unless there are other Brenda & Clayton from Arizona (who also happen to be thieves) on our cruise, things aren't as likely to disappear.

I understand the OP's issue and NCL will be fine with it. On the other hand, I've never known that so many people could not find their room without decorations? The numbers are sequential and are pretty easy for me to remember! I think in general, they are targets for kids and other pranksters. Some think they are very cute but I wonder how many decorate their doors at home with pictures and art objects, just to make it easier to find their houses???;)

Can anyone let me know if it is okay to put items on the doors on the Star? My son has a form of dyslexia that makes it hard for him to remember numbers and I have a flamingo for my door so he will know where he lives thanks!

I think that it looks silly when people decorate the doors but you have a very good reason to do it. Your problem is that someone might take your decoration, will that be a problem for your son? Maybe it's better that you write it down for him?

Yes you can...but if it's really adorable/desirable you might want to put your name on it. I had a few things disappear now and then until I started making them less desirable for thieves. Now our name or state or something distinct is a part of everything I stick outside the door. So unless there are other Brenda & Clayton from Arizona (who also happen to be thieves) on our cruise, things aren't as likely to disappear.

So....am I the only one that read this and got a chuckle? :D ;) :rolleyes:

I think that it looks silly when people decorate the doors but you have a very good reason to do it. Your problem is that someone might take your decoration, will that be a problem for your son? Maybe it's better that you write it down for him?

I think I will pack more then one item in case there are any problems with it going missing. I could write the number on my sons forehead and he would still have a hard time it's just his little quirk.

On our Epic cruise I put up a Cruise Critic sign. The very first evening someone taped a note to our door marked "Urgent!"

Seems this person had issues with the cruise and wanted to discuss them with me so "I could handle it for them" :eek:

Needless to say the sign came down!

Archived