Restaurant

bypass

You may not want to hear (read) this, but the area around the airport is not walking friendly. There are basically strip malls (emphasis on the word "strip"). Last year, a friend was driving us with our kids to a party in El Segundo when she realized she was driving into the LAX area and had to stop and check her I-Phone for directions. This was fortunately during the day, but we were still nervous and certainly not about to get out of her minivan to ask for directions.

I did stay at the Marriott with my brand new hubby right after our wedding in 1995, as we had an early flight the next morning to Honolulu. Otherwise, we wouldn't have stayed in an airport hotel that night. We did get hungry that night and called room service, which ran out of everything, but buffalo wings, so we ended up devouring the fruit/champagne basket the hotel gave us as honeymooners.

If you're staying there because of a cruise package, and want to eat elsewhere (other than the hotel's restaurant), I would suggest getting a taxi to take you away from the airport area, maybe to Santa Monica.

Anyone know of restaurants walking distance from LAX Marriott

You were given great advice, don't walk around the airport area of Century Blvd. It is not tourist friendly, plus it has a high crime rate.

You may consider taking a taxi to the Marina Del Rey area. Many great restaurants there.:)

Another suggestion is The Proud Bird. It's on Aviation between Imperial and Century, right next to the runways. There are many old planes on display and you can watch the planes landing as you eat. However I hear that lately their food and service isn't that great. So if you're looking for a memorable meal or not into planes there are better choices.

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone know of restaurants walking distance from LAX Marriott

IF you are going to take a taxi...AND if you have a little extra time, say, before dinner, my recommendation would be to have the driver take you to C&O Trattoria...on Washington Boulevard at the beach...this restaurant has the best garlic rolls anywhere...

http://www.cotrattoria.com/

It's about 6 and a half miles from the Marriott LAX using Lincoln Boulevard to Washington...

It is also right between Marina Del Rey and Venice Beach, so, with a little extra time pre-dinner, you could take a stroll up the Boardwalk a little ways and/or walk into the marina...

Make sure you either arrange with the taxi company to come pick you up or to keep the taxi's phone number with you...taxis in LA don't just cruise around the streets looking for fares...

Archived