Thalassotherapy on the Zuiderdam Question

RonnieS

We used the Thalassotherapy pool on the Westerdam. We only did one day and the pool only. It was a sea day and the ship was moving. I became a little seasick due to the motion of the pool combined with the motion of the ship. It was relaxing but I thought the room was somewhat claustrophobic and limited seating if you want to relax and read and there is a crowd. I think the cost for the one day was about $15 per person but I am not certain. You can buy the package for the whole week if you like also. I don't want to discourage you to try it. It was very relaxing and there are times during the day when very few people are in the room.

Tarkus,

Not sure if this is a definition, but the pool is a delightfully body temperature warm salt water pool with jets of water coming out from the various sides of the pool, an area on one end where one can lie in the water and be massaged by the bubbles being produced. Towards the center of the pool is an area of more active water--jacuzzi-like, with spouts overhead that can be turned on and give the upper shoulders and back a "hard" water message. (I didn't care for that; others do.)

The cost for use of the pool only is $15 and gives one in- and out- privileges all day. I used it in on the Zuiderdam when we were at dock in Nassau. Since most passengers were off the ship for much of the day, I almost had the pool to myself. It is a real delight!

The thassolotherapy pools on Vista-Class ships are really just supersized sunken saltwater jacuzzis. They located inside a glassed in room on Lido Deck between the forward stairwell and the midship Lido Pool. There is also a glass skylight overhead that opens through Observation Deck. The fee is $15/day, tho I understand that you may be able to purchase a package for the week or get a pass for using it the same day of receiving a massage/spa treatment.

On the S and R-Class ships, I understand that the thassolotherapy pools are to be installed in the area annexed from the formerly open forward observation area - and in that case, it really is just a "portable" jacuzzi filled w/ seawater...

IMHO, the Thalassotherapy Type Pool on the Zuiderdam is not worth the daily fee. Very small and not that good. On the other hand, the Thalassotherapy Pool on the Constellation is free and a great place to hang out on sea days and at night. There is also a health food cafe located at the Constallation T. Pool.

On the 5/21 sailing of Zuiderdam, only weekly passes costing $80 were available for purchase. Daily use passes were not available. We were told they were limiting the use of the facility to 35 people. A combination pass to the hydro pool & thermal suite was available for $120. If you only wanted the thermal suite, it was $80 as well. Also, use of the hydro pool & thermal suite is no longer included with the purchase of spa treatments. All of this info was provided at the spa tour on the day of embarkation. I never went back to question further to see if they relaxed the rules as the trip went on. I never encountered anyone who visited the spa during our sailing.

I expected a free pass with 2 treatments and was told they "never do that" when I know I have had free passes every time on HAL ships, including the last 3 Zuidys. I tried the free sauna instead, but it was room temp.

Candy <-- will discuss this with the manager in August

...snip... The fee is $15/day, tho I understand that you may be able to purchase a package for the week or get a pass for using it the same day of receiving a massage/spa treatment.

Archived