Tender tickets in Santorini - Celebrity

Lotus Girl

Hi

Can any recent cruisers tell me when you had to queue up for the tender tickets for Santorini? Looking at being on land at 2.30 pm after docking at 2.00 pm so reckon we need to be one of the first lot off (just like everyone else will want to be). On Equinox and in Santorini in October.

Thanks

Hi

Can any recent cruisers tell me when you had to queue up for the tender tickets for Santorini? Looking at being on land at 2.30 pm after docking at 2.00 pm so reckon we need to be one of the first lot off (just like everyone else will want to be). On Equinox and in Santorini in October.

Thanks

Remember they will drop off excursions first which takes 30 minutes or so. You would do well to make shore by 3:00 if you are scheduled to arrive at 2:00.

We were on Equinox in June with the 2 to 10 p.m. timeframe in Santorini. I obsessed about this stop as I knew of the lines and wanted as much time on the island as possible. Here's how it went for us.

I got on the tender line queue at 9:30 and there were probably 20 to 30 people in front of me. Friends of ours got there first at 7 a.m.! Of course, those on the ship's tour didn't have to get in the line and were off in front of us.

I got tender ticket 7 or 8 and we were called at about 2:15 p.m. Were on the dock in Santorini around 2:40 p.m. Took 30 minutes to wait in the cable line and to get up to the top (line looked very long but moved somewhat quickly). Each cable car is really six cabs hooked together and each cab holds 4 to 6.

We were to meet our NST driver at 3:30 p.m. (I gave enough time so that all 23 of our roll call people could get up in time). He had trouble parking and showed up at 3:40 p.m. and we were off.

Had a wonderful afternoon and dinner in Oia. Didn't risk getting back to the ship on time so went back to Fira before sunset. Probably got on the line around 8:15 p.m. and it took about 15 minutes to get to the cars. Back on the boat around 9.

Think I recalled that correctly. Have a WONDERFUL time. Santorini and Oia are as spectacular as you have heard. And be sure to be up on deck as you approach Santorini because the scenery is gorgeous and you won't see it when you leave as it will be dark!

We did this in April. I think tender tickets were to be given out about 9 AM. We got in line about 30 minutes early and there were 15 or so people ahead of us--the line got quite long later.

Contrary to what we had been told, they did give out more than one ticket per person, so one person from each group could have picked up all the tickets for that group. (I'd still not count on that, though.)

We got tickets on the first tender that wasn't reserved for tours and were on the island around 2:45. There really wasn't much of a wait.

Archived