3 adults on the Jewel ?

Charlie4

:confused: My husband of 22 years and my older sister are going to cruise this Dec. We need space and privacy. I have been in a balcony room 3 times and just don't think that will work. I have looked at floor plans, and a mini suite does not seem that much bigger. Looks like a Penthouse with a large balcony is the way to go. Any comments ?

Ann

:confused: My husband of 22 years and my older sister are going to cruise this Dec. We need space and privacy. I have been in a balcony room 3 times and just don't think that will work. I have looked at floor plans, and a mini suite does not seem that much bigger. Looks like a Penthouse with a large balcony is the way to go. Any comments ?

Ann

There's a curtain you can pull around the bed and the 3rd person would sleep on a pull out love seat. It's still just one big room though, not alot of privacy.

The only way to get true privacy, short of separate cabins, is to spring for one of the 2-bedroom family villas in the Haven. The small bedroom is similar to an inside cabin (no window), but it has its own small bathroom, and of course it shares the living room, dining room and balcony in the main part of the suite.

Edit: - pssss, fellow CC posting above me has the same idea, yup

Depending on the sailing date and itinerary, - especially if money or budget isn't an issue for 3 of you - have you priced out the prices & option for a penhouse shared by 3 with a single bathroom vs. a regular balcony plus an inside cabin @ double occupancy rate (thus, an extra bathroom + plenty of closet space) across the hallway on the same deck - typically for a cost saving of several hundred dollars, excluding any available & applicable OBC that can be used for specialty dining, etc.

You would "miss" out on the extra full suite+ guest perks and have a smaller balcony to share, chat & relax during the day - that is, if you plan on spending much time inside the cabin at all. The sofabed isn't the most comfortable, behind the curtain for the illusion of privacy - and even for the "bigger suite" - it has to be put away during the day to have room for all 3 to walk around without bumping into each other.

the extra bed in the mini is large and will work well for a third adult. However, they will be 3 feet from your bed, curtain or no curtain. "Real" privacy will require a separate room. I suggest a balcony and an inside, but understand that one person in an inside room will pay the price of two people because the rooms are minimum double occupancy.

Here's the mini.

IMG_3926-vi.jpg

Thanks for the input, I did not think of inside and balcony, but was going to price out conecting balconies, and then the 2 bedroom. My sister and I cruise a lot, and finally talked my husband into trying it. That threw the monkey wrench into the works. This is my sister and I 4th cruise to Bahamas this 12 months period. I thought it would be fun to spring for the Suite. The privacy is mainly for changing of clothes etc.

The only way to get true privacy, short of separate cabins, is to spring for one of the 2-bedroom family villas in the Haven. The small bedroom is similar to an inside cabin (no window), but it has its own small bathroom, and of course it shares the living room, dining room and balcony in the main part of the suite.

The Jewel also has a non haven 2 bedroom family suite option. No haven but full suite perks and it costs less.

The mini will be fine for "changing privacy", especially with the large private bathrooms where someone could shower and get dressed. A spa pass is really good for that too. Full use of the spa lockers...shower, changing room, etc. :)

My two cents

We had three adults in an SF penthouse - it was OK but as others have mentioned when it comes to sleeping there is no real privacy - the beds are a few feet apart and seperated by a curtin. One thing about the layout of the SF's is that by opening the closet doors you can close off the area around the bathroom to create a private dressing area outside the bathroom.

We chose this option because the balcony/inside combo was just about a push in price.

Yes there is the SC catagory two bedroom penthouse suites on deck 11 forward - they offer the most in privacy and would have been our second choice - we love the aft with the large balcony.

Archived