Help with cruising on MSC Opera

Danix91

Hi everyone, I will be going on my first cruise in Feb next year (15th -18th it' a cruise to nowhere) from Durban, South Africa. Was just wondering if I have to get money changed into US Dollars or if I can just tip in South Africa Rands? And if I must exchange into Rands could I do that on board or should I go to the bank before hand? :confused:

Will be going with my best gal pal (girl's trip) and will be in an inside cabin. Any particular location that is better or that we should avoid?

Our ages are 19 and 21. Will there be people in our age group or only older?

We are both first time cruisers so Any and All advice or insight wil be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks Stax in advance :D

Generally you don't pay for anything in cash on board (although I have no experience of MSC) but 'charge' everything to your shipboard account using the card which is your cabin key / cruise ID / charge card, and then settle at the end.

You may have to make an initial charge on a credit card, or deposit a sum of cash, at the start of the trip, and I suspect they will cope with whatever currency you offer them! It may not be the best exchange rate, though ...

As others have said, it is best to ask this question on the MSC board, which is here

I'm sure you'll enjoy your cruise, and you will find plenty of people of all ages on board, from infant to ancient, and all stages in between.

Archived