Areas of shade on the Oasis

roebud

A private balcony is the best place for that. We also found somewhat shaded areas in the solarium. Other than that I didn't spend much time in other spots since I burn very easily and my extra sensitive allergic to everything that touches it skin doesn't like sunblock much.

Shady areas will vary with the direction of the ship vs. the sun....you'll easily find shady areas as you wander about the ship.

Wear a hat and sunscreen, even in the shade....all that water reflects those burning rays!

I can't be in the sun for very long and would like to know which areas of this ship are best to enjoy the scenery without the sun

There are lots of places. On the outside of the pool there are cove like areas all around the ship.

Then there is the Solarium. Also, deck 5 aft is a nice quiet spot to watch the wake or a docking.

There are always shady spots around the pool.

Just got off the Oasis a couple of weeks ago. There are shady spots around the pool, back by the outside walls. They go quick, so get there early. There is not really too much shade up in the Solarium.

Joe<----Would sail on the Oasis again in a heartbeat! :)

MrCruzeaddict: Thanks for the info. So how early do you think I should get out there. I am an early riser but I hate to "reserve" my spot and not show up for several hours. I know many do, is the staff removing articles from chairs that have little occupancy?

MrCruzeaddict: Thanks for the info. So how early do you think I should get out there. I am an early riser but I hate to "reserve" my spot and not show up for several hours. I know many do, is the staff removing articles from chairs that have little occupancy?

It will depend on where you are. If it's a sea day, they will go quicker. If it's a port day, you can set ANYWHERE you want. We only got off at Cozumel, so we had pretty much the ship to ourselves on port days...Solarium for us! You can find shade in the Solarium, but that much.

Joe<--------Would sail on the Oasis again and again. :D

This is the Solarium:

_DSC0296b.jpg?t=1341395693

To the right is the bar, and notice the overhang. And behind that are some tables and chairs.

On our cruise, there were seats available back there just about all the time. Also, you could find chairs just about anywhere on the ship in the shaded area on our cruise.

I do not think you will have a problem.

Just got off the Oasis a couple of weeks ago. There are shady spots around the pool, back by the outside walls. They go quick, so get there early. There is not really too much shade up in the Solarium.

Joe<----Would sail on the Oasis again in a heartbeat! :)

there is a lot of shade in the solarium up on the second level above the restaurant (by the bar). It's where we sat every day, because like the OP, I avoid the sun. The chairs up there are very comfy too!

Archived