2014 winter schedule out October11, 2012

Hawaiidan

for all who are waiting for the release od the 2014 winter/spring it wii be out 0ctober 11 2012. PRICES HAVE FALLEN benifits have emained the same Call....now to lock in pre release. I SAVED thousands. one of the best deals I have ever seen........do not delay:eek:

How did you save thousands if the itineraries have not been released yet?

Very good question as Oceanias computers cannot accept a booking before the opening date of the new itinerairies..

Jancruz1

Oceania called me, on an expressed cruise that I was interested in.

They verbaly read me the details and quoted prices and the route/ ports ... Tahiti to London..now 49 days rather than 54, April19 2014 to be exact it was $2408 cheaper per cabin! not to mention the savings of time and air.

So yes thousands...plural. :D

Best of all by using the free air, the cruise date matched with a direct flight of 5 hours from Hawaii to Tahiti rather than a 15 hour through LA. It dosent get better than that..and they put a lock on my desired cabin for me...even though I cant book it officialy till the 11th.

I assume others might be able to do this too.

Oceania called me, on an expressed cruise that I was interested in.

They verbaly read me the details and quoted prices and the route/ ports ... Tahiti to London..now 49 days rather than 54, April19 2014 to be exact it was $2408 cheaper per cabin! not to mention the savings of time and air.

So yes thousands...plural. :D

Best of all by using the free air, the cruise date matched with a direct flight of 5 hours from Hawaii to Tahiti rather than a 15 hour through LA. It dosent get better than that..and they put a lock on my desired cabin for me...even though I cant book it officialy till the 11th.

FYI They lock it in, IF, when the day comes they are the first to grab the cabin..the problem is there are many agents working early in the morning booking cabins people want..sometimes you get the cabin and sometimes you dont..I wish you the best of luck getting it!!

Sounds like you are ahead of the game!!

Jancruz1

for the info. I think I have an edge because I am working more or less directly with an in-office Oceania agent.. not an outside one. So hopes are high... I have a plan B, and C and D !!!

I am very aware of competition for this cruise as it sells out fast. ( heck in 2011 when I became aware of the unique route, it was sold out through 2013.

You got me thinking about allocation of cabins. Will Oceania consider the length of your booking in allocation?

By that I mean, if the cruise is a grand cruise, and is offered in 3 segments which say total 50 days but can be as short as 16 days.

Will a passengers requesting a specific cabin for the full 50 get priority consideration over someone want to book for less days?

Moreover will a full cruise booking get more consideration for upgrade offers at an attractive rate?

...... Tahiti to London..now 49 days rather than 54, April19 2014 to be exact .......

I will wait the usual route, but certainly appreciate your comment on (a) my interest is the sailing before yours, does it end on the right date to board the once a week direct flight to HNL?(b) which ship is sailing this itinerary?

Thanks.

If your on the Marina, it is set to arrive on a friday April and does an overnight departing at 11 pm saturday night April 19. 2014. The once a week is in Hawaiian airlines. It departs at 12:30 sunday morning after arriving at 10:30 saturday evening 2 hours on the ground and zoom back to Hawaii.

The key is arriving in Tahiti on a saturday, even at 8pm... you have still 4 hours or so th get to the airport which is almost next to the pier... No other day combo will work for the Hawaiian flight, a one way coach is $786pp business $1388 for the 5 hour flight.

I have serious connections, with Oceaina and Regent....the 11th is a bankable date, unless you have a" prefered agent". They are able to lock today. Thats my experience. Yours may be different.

All is know is I have a lock and a price for cruise that is going to be released on the 11th/

That is significant to me

Life is a game, its how you play it !

Free gratuities for all cruises booked by Dec 2012. Gratuities have gone up BTW.

$100 cancellation fee if between 91 and 120 days before departure for cruises less than 20 days.

I compared one 2014 cruise to 2013 prices and the price was slightly lower. Not sure if this is true across the board. Add in the free gratuities and it is lower. The free gratuities are combinable with whatever your TA will give you.

Also - some staterooms on Riviera and Marina have been recategorized -- some in greater demand have been reassigned to higher fare categories.

Note: Azamara has raised prices substantially and added cheap free booze and an evening special tour. Loyal Azamara cruisers are not happy. I believe there will be many defections to O because of the semi-all inclusive approach.

Everything will be on the website on October 10

I received the ebrochure from Oceania today. i guess the secret of the extended balconies is out, because they are now catagorized as B3, instead of B4. The ones just in front of the aft ones and just aft of the forwards ones have become B4, instead of B3. I checked the cruise that I have already booked for Feb. 2013 and compared it to the 2014 departure.. When I purchased it, prices were quite a bit lower, but if I booked it now it would be only 100 dollars less than the 2014 price (plus the extra $100 due to the catagory change) and would not include the gratuities, so the deal offered now is pretty good.

I just received email from Oceania:

Our new 2013-14 Winter Collection brochure will be available within the next couple of weeks. On October 10th, we will begin accepting bookings for our new winter cruises and these cruises will begin appearing on our website that day as well. Be sure to visit us at oceaniacruises.com for information about ALL of the Oceania Cruises vacations that are available for your clients.

As always, thank you for your continued support. Our Sales and Reservations teams look forward to assisting you with your bookings!

Warm regards,

Michael Hirsch

Senior Vice President, Sales

Perhaps one reason Oceania called me, was for a specific cruise that I had been shut out of for the past 2 years ; It was not the result of constant badgering and games playing.

Perhaps, just perhaps they recognized this and I had been in line for a very long time and I worked with the same agent who just maybe recognized that . Ya' think?

That, I respect, you , however,don't have to.

Perhaps one reason Oceania called me, was for a specific cruise that I had been shut out of for the past 2 years ; It was not the result of constant badgering and games playing.

Perhaps, just perhaps they recognized this and I had been in line for a very long time and I worked with the same agent who just maybe recognized that . Ya' think?

That, I respect, you , however,don't have to.

Sorry, I doubt that..

Jancruz1

Archived