Xtra points for March booking

Hi: Sorry if this has been answered recently but I couldn't find any responses. Earlier this year there was a special promotion by RCL that if one booked certain cruises in March one could get xtra points towards C&A membership. There was discussion then about whether people who had booked any of those cruises before March could get those xtra points. Forget when most of those trips were. Know some were this month. Has anyone who booked before March taken one of those trips? Did you get those xtra points? And if so were they automatically given or did you have to contact C&A to argue your point? Thanks for any help or for pointing me in the right direction. Call me "Confused"

Yes, we had 2 cruises booked prior to the March Promo that were included on the list. One in June and one the end of October. We received the promotional credits for the June cruise on Enchantment about a week after we returned home.

Here is the link to the list http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/cas_sailmore_getmore.pdf

Yes, we had 2 cruises booked prior to the March Promo that were included on the list. One in June and one the end of October. We received the promotional credits for the June cruise on Enchantment about a week after we returned home.

Here is the link to the list http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/cas_sailmore_getmore.pdf

Have you cruises on all RCI ships?

Hi: Sorry if this has been answered recently but I couldn't find any responses. Earlier this year there was a special promotion by RCL that if one booked certain cruises in March one could get xtra points towards C&A membership. There was discussion then about whether people who had booked any of those cruises before March could get those xtra points. Forget when most of those trips were. Know some were this month. Has anyone who booked before March taken one of those trips? Did you get those xtra points? And if so were they automatically given or did you have to contact C&A to argue your point? Thanks for any help or for pointing me in the right direction. Call me "Confused"

We booked a cruise for this past May during the March promotion. We got the additional 3 points automatically.

It's nice to hear it happened so quickly. When I recently spoke to C&A about the promo points, they told me it might take up to a month for the bonus points to be added. As usual, they don't seem to know when it really happens. I'm assuming you got them at the same time as the regular points. Is this the case?

Gina

It's nice to hear it happened so quickly. When I recently spoke to C&A about the promo points, they told me it might take up to a month for the bonus points to be added. As usual, they don't seem to know when it really happens. I'm assuming you got them at the same time as the regular points. Is this the case?

Gina

Yes, the 3 day cruise on Monarch showed up as a single line item worth 8 points. The 4 day showed up as 10 points.

Bob

Yes, the 3 day cruise on Monarch showed up as a single line item worth 8 points. The 4 day showed up as 10 points.

Bob

Well, I only got 3 points for that 3 day Monarch cruise. That's what I get for booking 2 days out. Oh no, what I really got was deck 2 in the midst of the open bar cruisers. LOL I think I should get extra points for that alone. :eek: :p

Gina

Bob

Hmmm. I thought it was for one extra point per cruise. Not sure how they figured out this one.

How do the numbers add up here?

Gina

Yes, we received the 6 bonus points along with our 16 when they updated our Completed Cruises.

Hmmm. I thought it was for one extra point per cruise. Not sure how they figured out this one.

How do the numbers add up here?

Each cruise listed on the March Promo (see link in post #2) had different bonus point values which depended on the cabin category as well as the number of nights.

Bob

I am sorry but this is just plain wrong! It's like they paid for the extra points by getting a suite....

Watching for this sale next year for sure:D.

D+......get ready to be booted out of the CL very soonly.

I see it now and shame on me for not booking at that time!

Well, I only got 3 points for that 3 day Monarch cruise. That's what I get for booking 2 days out. Oh no, what I really got was deck 2 in the midst of the open bar cruisers. LOL I think I should get extra points for that alone. :eek: :p

Gina

Yes, I agree, you should have gotten extra "hazard points" for not being able to sleep those nights;).

You had to book the cruise(s) in the month of March. I used some NC certs for the cruises, and had some misgivings if I'd get the extra points, being that they sometimes use the purchase date of the NC as the booking date, rather than the date a cruise is assigned the NC. I called C&A and also had my TA call C&A to confirm the NC's would not make us ineligible for the extra points. It would have been no big deal to book the cruises without the NC as it was only worth $25 OBC per cruise. Anyhow, C&A confirmed that I could use the NC for the promo, and that's how it turned out.

Bob

Hi: Many thanks everyone for the prompt replies. Sorry I was not so prompt in my thanks. I was really confused as to whether or not I would receive those xtra points since I booked my cruise right before the promotion was offered. Will let you know how it turns out. "Not-so-confused now."

Archived