Has anybody ever won a cruise auction

doodlefan

I hope it's okay to use their name but has anybody ever won a cruise auction on SkyAuction and how was the experience. Some look like really good deals with good savings if you're flexible in timing and others look no cheaper than booking on line. Just wondering if anybody has gone this route and were you pleased with the outcome?

Thanks,

Tara

Plenty of posts on back boards here and on the Money Saving Tips board about Skyauction.

You're right about flexibility being required!

I've seen a bunch of favorable post, but also a ton of complaints about them as well.

Do a search on Google.com as well, if you're thinking of investing your vacation dollars through them.

I won mine last month for a September cruise to Bermuda on the Nordic Empress (soon to be Empress of the Seas). All of my dealings with them to this point have been by email and they have been very responsive. That being said I'm not a person that requires a lot of hand holding nor do I expect a high level of service. I'm looking for the best bang for my buck. Having paid $576 per person for a eight day cruise, including transportation from Boston to New York round trip I'm just waiting for my cruise to get here.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;09;18;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Empress of the Seas 9/18/04 Pink Sand and Blue Waters of Bermuda

Empress of the Seas 9/18/04

I also booked a Sept. cruise thru them and to this point have been very happy. My only point of complaint is that I have a group booking number so I can not preregister with Carnival. I had a special request about a third person in my cabin and they promptly answered it by email before I bid.

Keep in mind that I have done a few cruises, do my own research and am used to dealing with online TAs. I would not recommend for a first time cruiser.

Fascination 1997 Destiny 2000

Victory 2000 Sensation 2001

Norway 2002 Legend 2002

NCL Dawn 2003 Inspiration 2003

Victory 2004 Holiday 2004

Archived