LIVE from the Vision of the Seas Sailing 5 Oct 2012

A First for us on an RCI Cruise.

We noticed a couple at a table on the Pool Deck near us addressing envelopes and they each had their own address book. As we left we stopped by and chatted with them.

They were addressing envelopes for their Christmas Cards!

Merry Christmas Everyone...

Edited by Trainman-2

From Best to Worst

Domino’s

Papa Johns

Pizza Hut

Gas Station Pizza

RCI Solarium Pizza

US Army Mess Hall Pizza

Cardboard with Ketchup

Cardboard

Does Sorrento's at least rank higher than Gas Station pizza?

I have read on CC many times about the terrible pizza on RCI Ships so I thought I would give it a formal rating

From Best to Worst

Domino’s

Papa Johns

Pizza Hut

Gas Station Pizza

RCI Solarium Pizza

US Army Mess Hall Pizza

Cardboard with Ketchup

Cardboard

Actually I really liked the crust. The bottom was nicely browned to a light tan color. The crust was just right, not too dry or crumbly and not soggy. The sauce was good but along with the cheese was a bit sparse as were the pepperoni slices.

If they doubled the sauce, cheese, and toppings it would be as good as any of the major chain pizzas.

Sorry Jim .. if you want good pizza at sea .. you will have to try Princess :eek:

Sorry Jim .. if you want good pizza at sea .. you will have to try Princess :eek:

I think Princess, Carnival and RCCL pizza is all about the same. It's best when it's fresh and hot. The longer it sits, the worse it is.

If I really wanted Great Pizza I certainly wouldn't be on a cruise ship.

Some people have their Drink of the day that says 'i'm on a cruise' for us its the nightly slice on the Promenade around midnight... every night whether we need it or not ;)

I had a bit of a scare last night...

Judith was sneezing and sniffling when we returned to the Ship from Cabo so she did not go to dinner in the MDR with me.

Just as I started to eat my Chop's Fillet the roof of my mouth started to feel funny. I skipped desert, but not the fillet, and headed back to the cabin after stopping in the Ship's Shops and getting Judith some decongestant pills.

By 8:30 pm my whole mouth "felt funny" and I was having trouble swallowing and starting to have trouble talking. So I pushed the button marked "Medical" on the phone and guest relations answered. Medical was closed but she said she would have the Nurse on Duty call me.

She called within two minutes and told me she would meet me at the Clinic. Judith was still feeling bad and stayed in the cabin but her diagnosis was an adverse reaction to something I ate, probably shrimp.

I got to the clinic and the Nurse and Doctor were there and checked me out immediately. They confirmed Judith's diagnosis and gave me a shot of Benedrill in the left arm and Cortisone in the right arm and some Benedrill pills to take with me.

The nurse called me in our cabin about an hour later and I told her that I was starting to feel better.

This morning, as I type, I seem to be pretty much back to normal.

I was impressed that by the time I got from Deck 8 down to the Clinic on Deck 1 which was almost right below me that the Doctor and Nurse were waiting for me. Surely, another case of Excellent RCI Service.

very scary ...... so glad to hear that you guys r feeling better

Unfortunately, they don't taste the same. Coke Lite has a nasty after taste.:( They sell this in the Mexico and parts of the Caribbean too. I may have to stock up with a few before our trip in Feb.

I agree. On my first trip overseas, I had a fountain "diet coke" in the Rome airport. I could have sworn they gave me regular cup. I was very upset and they didn't seem to care. LOL (really, really needed a diet coke after that long flight). Then later in the day I went to market and bought a "coca cola light" in a can. I was soooo happy..until I tasted it. That terrible aftertaste. Yuck! I can tell you the first thing I had when I hit the states!

Since then, whenever I see it, I get tea or something else. It is not good for those of us who are Diet Coke addicts. I think they use some other type of sweetener causing the after taste, not sure.

I think Princess, Carnival and RCCL pizza is all about the same. It's best when it's fresh and hot. The longer it sits, the worse it is.

I have tried RCCL, Celebrity, and Princess pizza and without a doubt the Princess pizza was the best, really no comparison. It was very similar to NY style pizza, it appeared freshly made from dough not some frozen crust and it was very good. Just my opinion.

I definitely disagree... Princess pizza will eat every time I pass by and would by on land. Carnival's is the worst.

I agree. On my first trip overseas, I had a fountain "diet coke" in the Rome airport. I could have sworn they gave me regular cup. I was very upset and they didn't seem to care. LOL (really, really needed a diet coke after that long flight). Then later in the day I went to market and bought a "coca cola light" in a can. I was soooo happy..until I tasted it. That terrible aftertaste. Yuck! I can tell you the first thing I had when I hit the states!

Since then, whenever I see it, I get tea or something else. It is not good for those of us who are Diet Coke addicts. I think they use some other type of sweetener causing the after taste, not sure.

Different countries have different ingredient mixtures. I am a diet Pepsi drinker and found I really like the Canadian version better than the US. I too found that Coke Light in Mexico had a funny aftertaste, but when you are desperate...

I don't know about anyone else, but we will be in cruise heaven with all the LIVE posts. :)

First we had Bionicman and his incredible review from the Freedom.

Now we have Trainman2 and Judith LIVE on the Vision.

Then Radio in November!

It doesn't get much better than that!!! ;)

On page 5... Have learned a few names to follow, and looks like this is one. Wonder how many days this will take....thanks for sharing your cruise with the rest of us.:)

We went to the Windjammer for dinner last night for the first time on this cruise.

Judith had a salad.

IMG_1467.jpg

I had carved Pork Loin with Apple Sauce and Mashed Potatoes with Gravy. It was excellent.

IMG_1468.jpg

I also had Lintel Soup which is always Excellent.

IMG_1469.jpg

OMG! OMG! OMG!

They had warm Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce and Shipped Creme. My favorite. It was totally decadent!

IMG_1470.jpg