LIVE from the Vision of the Seas Sailing 5 Oct 2012

Hey Jim and Judy . . . . . have you been misplaced onto Gilligan's Island . . . . never to be heard from again? :eek: We may need to send out a search party for you!

We are REALLY MISSING your daily posts! Yes, we know it is beyond your control, but just to let you know: WE MISS YOU!!! :D :D

Looking forward to you getting back to civilization so we can catch up with you and your great "LIVE from the Vision"

Day 12 - Tuesday - 16 Oct 2012 - At the Pier in Puerto Vallarta

Good Morning Everyone,

We have been electronically isolated for the last several days. The folks who spend hours a day texting on their cell phones have been in withdrawal and suffering.

Judith was pretty sick yesterday and spent most of the day in bed. She is better but still in bed and I am on the pool deck with my notebook trying to get caught up.

I am going to try to get some photos uploaded and will return shortly if the Ship's Systems allow me.

Special for ZeusC6

Coffee is available 24 hours a day on the Pool Deck. There are two places, one on the Port side and one on the Starboard (Smoking) side just aft of the entrances to the Windjammer. I went to the Starboard side which was being “changed over” from late night coffee for the folks who hang out in the bars and clubs until the wee hours of the morning to the morning coffee for the early risers who are up and about starting about 4 am. As it was early in the cruise, I was unaware of the second location on the Port side that had already been changed over. Now when I arrive at the Starboard side coffee station and it is not ready I know to walk over to the Port side to get coffee.

White bread is available in the Windjammer. For breakfast it is out and will be toasted for you if you ask for it. For lunch and dinner it is not set out but all you have to do is ask and someone will go and get some for you. Sliced turkey is available for lunch about every other day. There are lots of cheeses and lunch meats available for lunch every day, but not every possible kind. I have decided to make my sandwiches with the Sourdough Rolls instead of asking for white bread. I am really enjoying them.

Keep in mind that the staff in the Windjammer and the MDR will do whatever they can to please the cruisers. But they can’t please everyone every day.

We had a great tour three days ago! Judith weaves so she wanted to go to the “Textile Village” to see what they did and maybe buy some nice stuff.

It was a long walk from the gang plank to the bus and I had to sit down and rest twice both going and coming back. While I was resting, Judith was shopping.

We were in a small bus which are much nicer than the big ones as you can see more out of the windows.

We rode to the village with a few stops in neat places for photographs. WE also stopped in the central square of a small town to look around which was interesting.

Our tour guide was great and spoke excellent English. She was from the area and knew everything about the history and the people.

There were lots of people along the roads carrying sticks (fallen branches from the forests on the slopes of the volcanos) that they will use for cooking in wheel barrows or bags on their backs. There are a lot of poor people and their only means of transportation is walking or riding local buses.

The sides of the mountains (volcanos) are divided up into individual family plots. The family members walk up to tend their crops in the morning and walk down in the afternoon when they are done. Sometimes they carry bags of produce that they harvested. Corn and Potatoes and Carrots seemed to be the big three. It is clearly a rough life for them and seeing all of this reminded us how lucky we are to live in the USA.

My Frustration Meter has peaked again!

I am having no success uploading photos to Photobucket. Not with the Bulk Uploader and not Individually.

I have hundreds of photos waiting to show you and can't!

No worries, we will be here when things are rolling again. Hope Judith feels better soon. Thanks for all the joy you are providing us!

Monday started our gloomy and rainy but cleared up and was sunny with scattered showers.

I started out my day in the Spa at 8 am.

- Haircut - $25 +$3.75 Auto Gratuity + An Extra $5 tip because she was young and pretty and did a good job.

- Executive Pedicure - $45 + $6.75 Auto Gratuity + An Extra $5 Tip because she was young, pretty, blond, and did a good job.

Monday started our gloomy and rainy but cleared up and was sunny with scattered showers.

I started out my day in the Spa at 8 am.

- Haircut - $25 +$3.75 Auto Gratuity + An Extra $5 tip because she was young and pretty and did a good job.

- Executive Pedicure - $45 + $6.75 Auto Gratuity + An Extra $5 Tip because she was young, pretty, blond, and did a good job.

LOL.........

Hope Judith is up and about soon and feeling better.

Have a great day.

Gwen :)

Hell Trainman-2

How is the weather is Paul giving u any trouble. I looked at the hurricane tracker and it looks like tomorrow u guys will be getting close to paul have they changed any part of the cruise. I looks to me as if u have to go through it or hang out for an extra day. let me know Hopefully will see u on the 19th

Lou

Welcome back to being "connected"... sorry Judith's not feeling up to par :(

No worries about missing days 9/10/11 - you can just show it to us next week on the way back... We won't know the difference ;)

Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk