Breakaway in Bermuda

Red-Sol

Hi Folks,

Just of the Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas and starting the planning process for a cruise next year. The Breakaway is intriguing to me for lots of reasons. It sounds as if the ship will be wonderful! (we loved the Epic which was probably our favorite ship)

I am wondering though about spending 3 days in Bermuda. We have never been there before and don't really know a lot about it. For those of you who have been there does 3 days sound like a good idea? Could that possibly be too long? Are there a sufficient number of places to see and visit? Mostly we like being "beach bums" :) but also enjoy some shopping and sight seeing as well.

Any thoughts from you Bermuda travelers?

Three days on a cruise ship in Bermuda is such a good idea that we've been doing it regularly for 25 years.

Bermuda is nothing like many places in the Caribbean...it's a totally different atmosphere... cordial residents...no one trying to hustle you...inexpensive public transportation that can take you virtually anywhere...history...beautiful beaches...

If you do some reading on the Bermuda Ports of Call board, you'll get an idea of what there is to do...and it's also a great place for doing nothing much at all.

We love Bermuda

Three days is NOT too much in Bermuda ! (esp.since it is your first time!)

I loved our Bernmuda cruise...(on the retired NCL Crown)...!

Three days on a cruise ship in Bermuda is such a good idea that we've been doing it regularly for 25 years.

Bermuda is nothing like many places in the Caribbean...it's a totally different atmosphere... cordial residents...no one trying to hustle you...inexpensive public transportation that can take you virtually anywhere...history...beautiful beaches...

If you do some reading on the Bermuda Ports of Call board, you'll get an idea of what there is to do...and it's also a great place for doing nothing much at all.

We love Bermuda

Thanks folks..that was actually what I was hoping to hear! I will look into more specific details regarding Bermuda now..and plan to book the Breakaway for sure.

I just returned from the Star last Sunday with 3 days in Bermuda and I'm just at the part of writing the Bermuda portion of the review. The island has an excellent public transit system of buses and ferries which makes it an ideal place to enjoy three days of exploring and sightseeing at your own pace. You might want to skim from the beginning of the review to pick up some tips for your trip. I've been to Bermuda several time and there's still so much to do and see. Each trip better than the last. Bon Voyage!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=35602952#post35602952

3 days in Bermuda is not long enough! We've done it twice and still have several places on the "to see" list that we haven't made it to yet. We're doing Bahamas/Florida next year just for a little change, but can't wait to go back to Bermuda soon. If we could do 2 vacations a year I'd be happy to cruise to Bermuda every year :)

I have been to Berumda only 2 times and can't wait to go again. There is a lot to see on the island. The island is clean, friendly people, great transportation. Go and read on the port of call, you will see there is so much to see and do.

Last time I was in Bermuda (not a cruise), I spent 4 days, and still didnt see everything. I love the water taxis for getting around, and we took the bus too with no problems. Bermuda is beautiful and clean. Somewhat expensive to eat in restaurants, so I think a cruise is a wonderful way to go there. Some day I hope to go back there on a cruise, and I would still be happy to spend 3 days there.:)

Also, there's been a spate of reviews of people going to Bermuda this past summer. I'm sure they are on the first couple of pages of the NCL board. After reading these reviews I also booked the Breakaway for next year.

There's a ton of information in these wonderful reviews.

For me, three days is too long. I don't think there is enough to do in Bermuda after being there twice. BUT - I would do the Breakaway as I'd have plenty of time to enjoy the ship while everyone is off doing whatever they are doing.

I've seen all the touristy stuff, shopping is awful there as it's very expensive and I live on a beach, so the beaches don't really offer my much of anything I don't have every day.

Archived