drink package price out of southampton

petsgalore

Looking at Infinity for a TA cruise next fall. Choices are concierge class aft cabin, aqua class on deck 11 or sky suite. Any advice - pro/cons would be apreciated We have only cruised on Celebrity once, but due to RCCL cruises we do have Elite status on Celebrity. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Mary

Everything you buy on board, no matter where in the world the ship is, you will find priced in dollars -- the beverages, the spa treatments, the gift shop items the Bingo cards, shore excursions, all of it!

What varies on departures from Southampton has to do with the way the gratuity is applied to beverages and beverage packages.

Everything you buy on board, no matter where in the world the ship is, you will find priced in dollars -- the beverages, the spa treatments, the gift shop items the Bingo cards, shore excursions, all of it!

What varies on departures from Southampton has to do with the way the gratuity is applied to beverages and beverage packages.

How does this differ exactly please? Also does anyone know if VAT is added as the cruises do not go outside the EU?

On Southampton departures only, the gratuity is included in the price of the drink, and in the price of the beverage package.

On other departures, the gratuity is listed separately on the receipt you sign.

The total is the same, only the presentation differs.

For Caribbean, Med, and all other non-Southampton departures, if you buy a drink for $10 you'll see a 15% gratuity listed separately, for a total of $11.50.

On Southampton departures the same drink is listed for $11.50 with no separate gratuity.

As to the VAT, I think that is only an issue on departures from Barcelona, and Celebrity has a workaround for that.

How does this differ exactly please? Also does anyone know if VAT is added as the cruises do not go outside the EU?

I will dig around the cabin when i get back from dinner, but there was a notice about VAT in the room when we got onboard, saying something about adding VAT to purchases (shops) and that there is a process for requesting a refund. Didn't pay too much attention as we don't purchase anything on the ships outside stamps & the drink package.

Looking at Infinity for a TA cruise next fall. Choices are concierge class aft cabin, aqua class on deck 11 or sky suite. Any advice - pro/cons would be apreciated We have only cruised on Celebrity once, but due to RCCL cruises we do have Elite status on Celebrity. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Mary

Mary, you will probably get more answers to your question if you start a new thread out on the main board. :)

On Southampton departures only, the gratuity is included in the price of the drink, and in the price of the beverage package.

On other departures, the gratuity is listed separately on the receipt you sign.

The total is the same, only the presentation differs.

For Caribbean, Med, and all other non-Southampton departures, if you buy a drink for $10 you'll see a 15% gratuity listed separately, for a total of $11.50.

On Southampton departures the same drink is listed for $11.50 with no separate gratuity.

As to the VAT, I think that is only an issue on departures from Barcelona, and Celebrity has a workaround for that.

When I log into my cruise booking for a forthcoming trip out of Southampton, the price for the drinks package is quoted in £ sterling and is excluding any gratuity and they only add it after they totalled up the number of days. Maybe it's different on board?

petsgalore was asking about purchases of drinks and drinks packages made on board. All on-board purchases are priced in dollars.

When you purchase something ahead of time through the website, you'll see the prices in sterling. But that wasn't the question......:)

petsgalore was asking about purchases of drinks and drinks packages made on board. All on-board purchases are priced in dollars.

When you purchase something ahead of time through the website, you'll see the prices in sterling. But that wasn't the question......:)

Thanks I appreciate that - my point was that Celebrity do not include the 15% for UK guests on an exUK cruise online when they look to include the gratuity on board which seems rather odd.:)

When I log into my cruise booking for a forthcoming trip out of Southampton, the price for the drinks package is quoted in £ sterling and is excluding any gratuity and they only add it after they totalled up the number of days. Maybe it's different on board?

Yes it is different on board but only because the website does not seem to handle the UK pricing model.

The final price should be the same although through the website it will use the X exchange rate (you have no choice) whereas on-board you will be billed in USD and your credit card company will do the conversion (if you wish, you have the choice).

Archived