Coca Cola Freestyle on Freedom

Does anyone besides me think it's a pain to have to carry the soda cup around all day in order to use the machines? :rolleyes:

i think it would have been cool if they had a card, like the wine cards for the self service machines....that you could swipe in the coke machine, if you just wanted a few sodas...

I am a traditionalist.

My favorite poisen would be:

Diet caffiene free coke with cherry flavoring.

Too bad no rum :eek:

Safe travels

Sue and crew

I love that, too. We will be on Freedom next February and I have already bought my soda package.

I had no idea there was a dart board, bummed I didn't see it.

Yeah, well that is what I hope to disprove or prove......I remember them on every ship in the pub, back at the back around the bar area, but others disagree so I am checkin it out, just for something to do....:rolleyes:

I am a traditionalist.

My favorite poisen would be:

Diet caffiene free coke with cherry flavoring.

Too bad no rum :eek:

Safe travels

Sue and crew

I agree wholeheartedly about the sad lack of rum! However, rather than the traditional caffeine-free diet cherry coke, I like a little bit of Root Beer with my rum. ;)

I hope they service these machines better than the local restaurants do. Too often, one or two of my favorite drinks are frequently out or the mix just isn't right. Try the lemonade with very strong sour taste and no sweetness, not good.

Cherry flavoring seems to go first.

I am very excited to see this on Freedom. We have a b2b in January 2013 and love the fact we have the new menus and the Freestyle machines.

My wife and I were on the Explorer in August and used the Freestyle machine all the time. It was neat having so many varieties of things and as an avid coke zero fan it was great having that too. I do not know about how they work on land but I found no problems with any of the varieties I got - I tried strange flavours and regular coke zero and sprite zero without a problem. There were lots of kids on our cruise who clearly loved the machine but it has a timer on it so you can't use it too often too quickly. This stops one person having the cup and then pouring it in someone else's glass. Kids tried but it did not work.

If you get the soda package it comes with it and cost no more than the usual package. I found I used the cup when I wanted something from there but if I was just wanted a diet coke with supper or in a bar at night I would just get that without the cup so only carried the cup when I wanted to get something from the machine. It worked out great.

Bob

Not sure about Allure placement of the machines, but the Oasis had 2 on the Royal promenade near the forward elevators, 4 in the windjammer and 1 in the arcade just aft of the H2O zone. There may have been more that I missed.

Tons of flavors, including powerade, dasani, the zeros, fanta and plenty more.

If you aren't carrying your cup, you can still go to any bar and get fountain in a regular cup.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Happy to hear they seem to be working well. We cruise on Freedom in September (our 5th RC cruise). My main problem in the past has always been flat or near flat soda at the bars and dining room. It's so bad so often that we considered just paying for canned soda instead of buying the soda package.

But since these are real Coke machines, I assume they get the mix right. That will be a welcome improvement! Plus getting a lemonade or something different once in a while is nice too.

What I fear is that these will prove so popular that RC will jack up the price soon.

Archived