Room for 3, upgrade unlikely?

Pennipops

Hello. I have read about room upgrades. There will be 3 of us sharing a cabin, me my husband and 13 yo daughter. I will book an outside non-obstructed cabin, as there are 3 of us are we less likely to be up-graded? We have never cruised before, and can't wait to go. It will be on the Star Princess to Hawaii.

As there are a limited number of cabins that can hold three or four passengers, an upgrade is unlikely unless someone in one of those cabins is either upgraded or cancels.

And if that happens, there will be others booked in a cabin such as yours who are also wishing for a touch of the upgrade fairy's wand.

Upgrades are a rarity so don't count on one. Book a cabin you will be happy with. In more than 20 sailings with Princess I have been upgraded once. The likelihood of an upgrade with 3 to a cabin is much less because there are a small percentage of cabins that will accommodate three.

Anything is possible but don't count on it, otherwise you'll be setting yourself up for disappointment. When it does happens and you are least expected it, you'll be pleasantly surprised! :) Regardless, have a great cruise! If you are like the rest of us,you'll be hooked! ;)

Booked a cabin that holds 4 persons and we r 2 .Stated we will take upgrade to a mini or higher.Hopefully,with a shortage of these cabins we may get upgraded.In over 16 cruises,have always got some kind of upgrade unless I stated no upgrade.:)

If you are not upgraded go right up to the pursers desk and see if there is any upgrades available. They will charge you a reduced amount for a upgrade if available. They will also will call you later that night or on the second day incase someone doesn't show up for the cruise you might be able to buy their room. They start making a list when the cruise begins of people interested in upgrades. I would ask to speak to the manager and a 20 dollar bill might get you bumped to the front of the list. Tell them that you didn't know the space would so tight with 3 people and if that it would be a great help and that you would help them out if they able to come through.

Thanks all for taking the time to respond. I will definately book a cabin I will be happy with, hopefully a sea-view won't be too pokey with 3 of us in it! I don't intend on spending much time in my cabin anyway. As long as I can see the sea and sun I'll be happy. I can't wait, just have to keep saving to pay for it!!

If you are not upgraded go right up to the pursers desk and see if there is any upgrades available. They will charge you a reduced amount for a upgrade if available. They will also will call you later that night or on the second day incase someone doesn't show up for the cruise you might be able to buy their room. They start making a list when the cruise begins of people interested in upgrades. I would ask to speak to the manager and a 20 dollar bill might get you bumped to the front of the list. Tell them that you didn't know the space would so tight with 3 people and if that it would be a great help and that you would help them out if they able to come through.

do you do that when you cruise, ask at the pursers desk for an upgrade.....sometimes they have a sign saying full house

Archived