Returning Rental Car in Marseille

john2003

We would really like to rent a car (at the station) and drive to Les Baux and Pont du gard for our day in Marseille in November. It will be a Tuesday. We just don't want an unduly stressful experience.

From another thread, I gather it is fairly straightforward to get onto the freeway from the rental location. I am wondering how it is in reverse. How is the rental return? Is there a gas station in the vicinity?

Our backup plan is to take the bus to Aix!

We would really like to rent a car (at the station) and drive to Les Baux and Pont du gard for our day in Marseille in November. It will be a Tuesday. We just don't want an unduly stressful experience.

From another thread, I gather it is fairly straightforward to get onto the freeway from the rental location. I am wondering how it is in reverse. How is the rental return? Is there a gas station in the vicinity?

Our backup plan is to take the bus to Aix!

Getting in an out of Marseille is very easy as long as you use the A7. This autostrade will actually bring you back into the city only a couple of blocks from the train station. As to gas, we are not sure the easiest way to get gas near the station (ask when you pick up your car) but many folks simply fill-up along the Autostrade (you can watch for the rest stops as you leave the city). We always suggest that folks rent (or buy) a GPS when driving in Europe. In my case our GPS (a Garmin Nuvi) has probably saved my marriage since DW is not the best map reader on earth. In fact, her statement of "how can I find where we are on a map if I don't know where we are" says it all :)

Hank

Getting in an out of Marseille is very easy as long as you use the A7. This autostrade will actually bring you back into the city only a couple of blocks from the train station. As to gas, we are not sure the easiest way to get gas near the station (ask when you pick up your car) but many folks simply fill-up along the Autostrade (you can watch for the rest stops as you leave the city). We always suggest that folks rent (or buy) a GPS when driving in Europe. In my case our GPS (a Garmin Nuvi) has probably saved my marriage since DW is not the best map reader on earth. In fact, her statement of "how can I find where we are on a map if I don't know where we are" says it all :)

Hank

Amen to that, I am in the same boat Hank :p.

Archived