Looking for Suggestions for hotels in Ft Lauderdale

Murphy&Bailey

We be travelling on the Coral Princess doing the 10 day Panama Canal trip. We need to find a hotel to stay in overnight before the cruise. We are looking for a hotel where we an leave our car while we cruise and are looking for a hotel that has a shuttle to the port. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Carol

We stayed at The Hampton Inn City Center. It is a little more expensive but the hotel is very nice, the breakfast is great, there is a shuttle to the ship (but not back to the hotel) The best part is that the parking is in a secured parking garage attached to the hotel (not in an open parking lot) I felt very safe leaving our car there for 10 days while we were on the cruise.

We went on Stay123.com They have plenty of choices. We picked Rodeway Inn & Suites. Get breakgast, take you to the port and pick you up. All for the price of one nights stay. We have booked before with 123 and it has been fine.

We have used Rodeway a few times (we fly) but my brother and SIL drove in and left a car there for 2 weeks. The room price was higher for them leaving a car but it's all still a very good deal. DB and SIL used Stay123.com. i would compare prices with suggestions above. Rodeway does not have secured parking but I haven't heard of any issues. They will shuttle you back from the ship to the hotel to pick up your car but it is slow waiting for the shuttle and many just take a taxi and pay the $10.

Rodeway is heavily used by cruisers and they have the cruise shuttle system down to a science. It is no Hilton but we have always had clean rooms and very very comfortable beds; they have relandscaped the courtyard around the pool and made it more attractive. WIFI is easy and free. Breakfast has a pretty decent selection including waffles and hard boiled eggs, plus all the other regular stuff, juices, fruits, yogurts, cereals, hot and cold, pastries, bagles etc. There is no elevator so we always request a ground floor room, but they will help you with your luggage if you ask. We usually walk across the road and down about 100 yards to a lovely marina restaurant called the Rendez-Vous and have their grouper. There is a sports bar with decent food adjacent to the hotel which we have used too; also we have used the car rental counter at the hotel, worked ok for what we needed.

Prices vary a lot with days of the week and seasons so check out your options. m--

We are staying at crowne plaza hotel. They have a cruising deal where you can keep your vehicle in a secured garage, the stay, and drop off at port for pretty decent prices. It's also nice because the hotel is directly across the street from the port entrance, so its a very short drive. They do not have free breakfast, but there is a very good restaurant inside that has breakfast if you'd like.

We are staying at crowne plaza hotel. They have a cruising deal where you can keep your vehicle in a secured garage, the stay, and drop off at port for pretty decent prices. It's also nice because the hotel is directly across the street from the port entrance, so its a very short drive. They do not have free breakfast, but there is a very good restaurant inside that has breakfast if you'd like.

They're also close to Total Wine & a Publix supermarket to get wine or soda.

We are staying at the Rodeway at the end of the month! wondering if there is a place close by where we can buy wine/beer? does the on site store sell liquor?

We will be arriving late at night so will have no time the evening before our cruise to get to a store, and not sure how much time in the am we will have before we have to get the shuttle to the ship!

Rodeway is a dump. We found out people there paid $200 a night to free.

We paid $150. If you paid more than $25. you are being ripped off. The shuttle to the airport is suppose to be free. Because we wanted to go early he charged us another $5.00 each more. And gave us a hard time about it.

Every one on that shuttle was mad at the owner for different reasons. The

driver got an ear full before we got to the port. None of us plan on ever staying there again. Maybe the guy who stayed free. The bathroom was

dirty and creepy.

• 3 weeks later...

Rocketlady,

I agree my wife and I stayed there in Feb 2012 before a cruise, the Manager Izzy there was crazy. He charged my wife and I 4$, to leave early and plus he said we should really tip the driver so it really wasnt free, i dont mind tipping but dont tell me to tip the driver.

We are crusing in May 2013 we are going to stay at the Best Western Cruise port one there is a Mcdonalds across the street and a mini mall there too and a wendys etc.. whoever reads this stay away from Rodeway inn... There is for sure cheaper options out there and ones that are alot better, :)

Archived