Problems making a dinner reservation

OzAbroad

There is a real chance that I am the problem, but I am trying to make reservations in the specialty restaurants for an upcoming cruise. We are now within the permitted time.

We have two concierge staterooms booked on Marina and when making a reservation I am trying to add the other stateroom occupants as guests so we can all dine together.

The problem is that when I attempt to do that I receive a message saying that they have used up their alloted reservations. The difficulty is that they havent. No bookings have been made in either stateroom. Any advice is very welcome, particularly gentle advice if its something silly I am doing.

There is a real chance that I am the problem, but I am trying to make reservations in the specialty restaurants for an upcoming cruise. We are now within the permitted time.

We have two concierge staterooms booked on Marina and when making a reservation I am trying to add the other stateroom occupants as guests so we can all dine together.

The problem is that when I attempt to do that I receive a message saying that they have used up their alloted reservations. The difficulty is that they havent. No bookings have been made in either stateroom. Any advice is very welcome, particularly gentle advice if its something silly I am doing.

You can call Oceania and they should be able to log into the reservation system and make the desired reservations.

Call the office in Miami. They will have someone who can help you. The same thing happened to us and it was rectified via the Miami call.

Enjoy your cruise!

It is pretty expensive to call Miami from Australia. Before doing so, I suggest your friends go on the computer and try to add you (they need your booking number) to their reservations. Worth a try.

You can only make 1 reservation online per restaurant if you are allowed more you can do it on the ship

When you are trying to book did you say YES to sharing???

You have to say NO to sharing then add the other persons

I know it is frustrating for Aussies to get things done through their TA but if you still cannot book online as your TA to get the reservations for you

The other option is just to book the same night & same time then when onboard talk to the Maitre'd to seat you together

Good luck

We had the same problem and had to contact Oceania. The agent had to get a supervisor to unlock (??) the reservation in order to make our bookings. I know I am a bit of a luddite, but sometimes it is the pesky computers fault!

Check for a toll free number (I know, I try to avoid long distance charges too!). If that is unavoidable, what I have done in past is to contact them and either have them give me a toll free number or to have them call me back. Good luck. Mia

Contacting O is the most effective as it will get fixed but as others wrote can be difficult for you if LD charges or a slow email response. Your TA might get a faster response but I've read of problems with TAs for Australia. I also like Benita's suggestion. Have your friends try a booking, even just for them not having you join. They do not have to complete it - just see if they can. You may learn something about their account by doing that. Also if they can make a booking they *may* want to complete one and then cancel it. That might 'unlock' whatever is locking you from linking them in.

Also be aware that you can make a booking at each restaurant but not two bookings at one. So if by chance they have already booked Polo for example, and you are trying to have them join your booking at Polo then that would not succeed as their allotment for that venue is used up even if they have not used up all their booking allotments. (whew - hope that makes some sense!)

Also as LTH28 wrote, do not select 'share' as that means sharing with those that the Maitre'D assigns and not your friends (well you often make new friends that way :)

Thank you all very much. Your recommendations have confirmed that I have not made a mistake trying to make reservation and the problem must be at Oceania's end. I have sent them an email and see what happens. Thanks again everyone.

Archived