What program do you save your photos to?

Terre

I use Flickr. Unlimited storage for $25 a year, they give you multiple sizes for each photo you upload automatically and you can copy/paste code for forums like this very easily for any photo you want to share.

The slideshows are nice for the sets you create. You can e-mail friends and family the slideshow link so they can see them.

I was a Premium user on Webshots and would post my cruise photos on there after each cruise. This new change is not to my liking. I liked the old format with albums and public albums that anyone could look at. The last email I got with my status I was #142 out of 10 000+ users.....

I checked out this Smile and to me it doesn't seem as good. I could use Photobucket or Flickr; however, I had 13 albums on Webshots and I am NOT going to take all of that time again to move them over to photobucket or flickr...no, I'll keep em on my FB photo page and leave it at that....

Webshots was a good place for photos and the one place everyone went to before photobucket and flickr showed up....and FB......

I agree...I am going to miss Webshots! I don't even know how many albums I have there. It was so easy, and I need easy!

I use Flickr. Unlimited storage for $25 a year, they give you multiple sizes for each photo you upload automatically and you can copy/paste code for forums like this very easily for any photo you want to share.

The slideshows are nice for the sets you create. You can e-mail friends and family the slideshow link so they can see them.

Sounds good, all the things you mention is why I loved Webshots. Does it give you weekly stats?

I store my photos on my computer and use Picasa to edit them and arrange them into folders. The photos I share, I put on Photobucket. I like the app, as well, for photobucket. I know it will come in useful in a few weeks when I am on my vacation.

Beautiful photo!

• 2 weeks later...

I already use Snapfish. Anyone know what that's not a recommended site? Someone mentioned it was hard to post here, but is it really that much harder than Photobucket (or Picasa)? I haven't posted any pics yet, but I do want to use them in my next review. Snapfish does have an app too.

I just tried to post a pic on this message from Snapfish using the "Insert Image" button on this box. I got a red X. Any ideas what I did wrong? I copied the link from Snapfish's "Share with a Link." I don't know how else to go about it. Maybe this is why nobody uses Snapfish? :(

OK, that time I just went into the right click, properties of the photo and copied & pasted that url. I wonder why the other one didn't work? I also have no idea how to size it, that's a pretty big photo. I don't think I can resize it. I don't want to have to resize all of them anyway. I think if they all turn out that size, I will be happy enough. Any bigger wouldn't be good.

Now I'm gonna try logging out of my snapfish account and seeing if the photo disappears. Which brings up another question... could someone access my Snapfish account by using the info/properties on the photo I posted? I wouldn't want that.

OK, that time I just went into the right click, properties of the photo and copied & pasted that url. I wonder why the other one didn't work? I also have no idea how to size it, that's a pretty big photo. I don't think I can resize it. I don't want to have to resize all of them anyway. I think if they all turn out that size, I will be happy enough. Any bigger wouldn't be good.

Now I'm gonna try logging out of my snapfish account and seeing if the photo disappears. Which brings up another question... could someone access my Snapfish account by using the info/properties on the photo I posted? I wouldn't want that.

No. The link is just that, an address pointer to the image. A way of looking at it is your account opens the door to the image from one side of a room and the link comes in and looks through a window on the other side. Neither of you can pass through the room so the web-side link has no more access to your account than you have to the person looking at the image. The difference is that your door allows you control over the image.

Dave

No. The link is just that, an address pointer to the image. A way of looking at it is your account opens the door to the image from one side of a room and the link comes in and looks through a window on the other side. Neither of you can pass through the room so the web-side link has no more access to your account than you have to the person looking at the image. The difference is that your door allows you control over the image.

Dave

Wow, nice explanation! :) I can feel better sharing my photos now. I suppose I'll just use Snapfish, even if it might not be the best way. Since I know I can do it and I won't be posting tons of pictures on here anyway I think it will be fine. I like how Snapfish has a program I can download to my PC where it automatically saves new photos to Snapfish.com. Super easy & convenient. I may look into Shutterfly, but it would have to be awesome for me to switch over and have a similar "auto-upload" feature.

Looking at that photo I uploaded makes me nostalgic. I'm no photographer, but I thought it was a nice photo and more importantly, it takes me back to that moment! Ahhh, sunset at sailaway!

Looking at that photo I uploaded makes me nostalgic. I'm no photographer, but I thought it was a nice photo and more importantly, it takes me back to that moment! Ahhh, sunset at sailaway!

That's mostly why we take them!

Happy shooting!

Dave

[quote name='a3593']I absolutely adore shutterfly. And I just copy and pasted from there to here.[/quote]

I also use Shutterfly. Very good site. I love creating my photobooks there, they come out great.

The only complaint I have with SF is the abilities to work with photos after putting them on their sight.

In this regard, I also use Photobucket, a very good sight. I find PB good for working with the photos on the site. Once they are there, I can resize them and work with them and I cannot do this on SF.

With both SF and PB it is so simple to post pix here, just bring them up on the site, mouse over it, copy, come here, hit paste, done.

Archived