Where do you store your photos?

Terre

Where do i store photos

I use Zenfolio for my display photos (paid for)

& Flickr pro (paid for) but you can get it free

All my photos are in Adobe Lightroom 4.2, the main folder is on a separate iomega hard drive. This main master photo folder is copied to a server every month, and then also copy to WD small passport hard drive, which is left off site.

From my main photo folder in Lightroom, via plugins I can send my photos to many different places, eg Photobucket, flickr, Facebook, dropbox, box, zenfolio, cc, Photobox.co.uk (to print). I also use my iPad to store photos, which while on holiday (I also create a back up) which I can them sort and rate, and then this is synchronised via Photosmith back to Lightroom.

My most import photo storage is the main Lightroom folder which is backed up in three places.

That's it.

Most import thing is backing up, in more than one place.

Andrew

..now can you Photobucket fans tell me how to rearrange your photos in the album? When I uploaded an album, it put the photos in backwards.

To re-arrange your photos, click on the "Organize" tab above the photos - you can drag and drop the photos or use one of the pre-set sort orders

To re-arrange your photos, click on the "Organize" tab above the photos - you can drag and drop the photos or use one of the pre-set sort orders

Thank you! I knew there had to be a way...don't understand though why it seems to upload them in the correct order, but then in the album they're in reverse order...

Thank you everyone, for all your great suggestions.

If you've ever lost a hard drive this may not sound over the top...

I use, or have used Phase, Flicker, Webshots, and Smugmug..... not all at the same time. The security and availability for others to order prints makes Smugmug my favorite so far.

I have an external hard drive that I keep photos backed up and just started using

Carbonite on line. The jury still out on this one, but thought I'd try it for a year...

Archived