Wait list for main seating?

bravostar

Very good...they really do want you to be happy! If you don't get your preferred seating before you board, head to the dining room on boarding day....they will most likely get you in, if not the 1st night, by night 2. No worries!

This happened to us on our last 3 cruises, and we cleared the waitlist just before final payment time. Then, I was able to call and have the pre-paid gratuities removed (because we no longer were assigned to MTD) since I prefer to have them added to our onboard account once we are on the ship so our onboard credit can be used to pay for the gratuities.

If you booked directly with RCI, you can call every few weeks just to ask if you are moving up on the waiting list. I found that I cleared pretty quickly when I called them.

You have lots of time, so your odds are pretty good.

What is your C&A status? On our last few reservations, our preferred dining was wait listed, but the Royal Caribbean agents said, since we are Diamond, they would email our request to dining....we promptly went from wait list to the dining of our choice. If you are an upper tier member, callIng C&A might be worth a try.

meanwhile, are you on MTD? Some people try it and learn they like it. If you make reservations for an early time each day, you may find get the same waitstaff and the same table (or close) each night. If you want table mates, you might form your own table with people you like from the roll call.

When I booked the Rhapsody for May we were also waitlisted. About a month ago we were confirmed for early dining. Everyone else on the our roll call thread cleared too. So, check your cruise personalizer on line often because it may happen soon :)

Archived