Jewel Cigar Smoking

Nancy&Frank

Some of the ships have cigar bars, but not the Jewel. You can smoke cigarettes, pipes and cigars outside on open decks (just not around food venues, sports decks, kids' pool areas and other designated nonsmoking areas).

Is there a Cigar bar on this ship or does one have to smoke in an outside area?

Thanks much.

There was but it closed. Some brilliant designer created a cigar bar on the Jewel with no doors. It lasted about 6 months as entertainers quit because of the cigar smoke rolling out of the area.

So now it is outside only and not even on your balcony.

Cigars are something usually, (not always) enjoyed by the one smoking it but not those around them. I think most, (not all but almost all) realize this and look for a place to indulge discreetly. Thanks so much for asking. Cigar smokers seem to have a cool camaraderie. Little jealous. Have never smoked so I am afraid I woun't be in the club. I imagine an evening cigar under the stars overlooking the dark ocean in the gentle breeze will enhance your cruise experience.

The Sky bar on the Jewel was a great place to burn a fatty, there was between 4 and 8 at times lighting up and having conversation, no bother to anyone.

We are on the Dawn in Jan. and I see the have The Havana Club on deck 6, I hope its still being used?

Edited by tdcjerry

The Sky bar on the Jewel was a great place to burn a fatty, there was between 4 and 8 at times lighting up and having conversation, no bother to anyone.

We are on the Dawn in Jan. and I see the have The Havana Club on deck 6, I hope its still being used?

It is still being used. The Jewel was the only cigar bar with an unusable design.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

It is still being used. The Jewel was the only cigar bar with an unusable design.

The Jewel's cigar bar has been renovated. The "Corona Cigar Club" has been glassed in, has a door now, and improved ventilation. It is located Deck 6, Midship in the Bar City.:)

The Jewel's cigar bar has been renovated. The "Corona Cigar Club" has been glassed in, has a door now, and improved ventilation. It is located Deck 6, Midship in the Bar City.:)

Is that a recent happening ? When I checked with NCL they said the cigar bar was no longer in use.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

8165780137_f73cf982b5_c.jpg

Here is a photo of the room on the first cruise sailing after the Canal cruise. I ducked in there to snap a shot once the occupiers left...You can see their wine glasses and cigars left in the ashtray. The room wasn't unpleasant to be in at all, so good on NCL for getting the design flaw fixed!

• 2 years later...

I found this thread and was wondering if anyone has current info. Looking to book a cruise but an indoor cigar bar is pretty much a requirement! The current NCL website deck plans do not show Corona cigar club. It has been several years since we were on NCL, so want to be sure before I book!

Thanks