No razors in the sample bathroom bowl either cruise

firefly333

Whenever I have found no razors in the sample basket, I simply ask the Steward. He will usually bring one or two.

Wish I had thought of this on my Triumph cruise in Feb!! I ended up buying one in the onboard shop. Now THAT was spendy :eek:!! Thanks so much for the tip!!

Whenever I have found no razors in the sample basket, I simply ask the Steward. He will usually bring one or two.

This was my experience several cruises ago. And the toothpaste samples!

I actually boarded without realizing my tiny tube of toothpaste was virtually empty. I just left my steward a sticky note asking if he could find any (and a razor), and they appeared by that evening.

I'm sure these samples are random and just depends on what they have on hand. I don't sail "planning" on there being anything at all. I bring my own things (usually!).

Toiletries don't exactly take up the largest portion of my packing space. I don't think throwing a razor in my bag is what's going to cause overpacking! :p

Edit: Just noticed the Dove anti-perspirant! Now that would've come in handy before, too. I actually flew to San Juan and realized mine was empty. Thankfully, we had all day before boarding and I had plenty of time to visit a drug store. A port-a-day Southern Caribbean cruise in mid-May without deodorant would have been unpleasant for everyone!

I agree that you should never depend on something being in the sample bowl. There not being a razor doesn't mean that samples are getting to be less, it just means that they didn't have enough to put out. I didn't have a razor in my sample bowl on the Elation back in 2009. I remember this because that's the only time I forgot a razor, and we had to try to find one in Mexico. When that didn't work, I ended up having to buy some cheap, worthless battery powered one from the ship's store. And yes, we did ask both the steward and guest relations desk if they had any, and we were told no.

Bottom line, will you always find a razor in your samples basket? No.

Edit: Just noticed the Dove anti-perspirant! Now that would've come in handy before, too. I actually flew to San Juan and realized mine was empty. Thankfully, we had all day before boarding and I had plenty of time to visit a drug store. A port-a-day Southern Caribbean cruise in mid-May without deodorant would have been unpleasant for everyone!

The deodorant would have come in handy once for me too. I was on Ecstasy cruise to nowhere and forgot mine and had to buy it in the onboard shops. It was like $8.50 PLUS TAX onboard. I was like whats with the tax.. we charge tax in the onboard shops if the ship doesnt hit any ports so doesnt go thru customs.

The shops only sell secret for women that I found, but they were all very very expensive.

Samples are supplied to Carnival from the manufacturers. If they don't send them to Carnival, we don't get them.

That just makes too much sense....much easier to "blame" Carnival for the deterioration of customer service and then to expect the room steward to find the items (at no expense) for you.

We asked our Steward on the Magic in August, but he said they hadn't had any razors for several cruises. So, we bought some in the shops on board. No big deal $3.00 or so.

You always read .. there are always razors. Good thing I didnt depend on the sample bowl for them.

same on conquest except we got one sample deoderant for 2 of us. On Magic I got 2 for just me!! shampoo samples and toothpaste samples. Thats it.

Really!?!?

I went out to eat the other night... And they no longer had the free mints... I caused a ruckus!

Really!?!?

I went out to eat the other night... And they no longer had the free mints... I caused a ruckus!

I just thought people might want to know so I posted a picture .. no harm no foul. If you are not interested.. you can skip over this.

I do read that a lot .. that people always got a razor.. so thats why I posted this.. some people who are new might not even know about the sample bowl.

I just thought people might want to know so I posted a picture .. no harm no foul. If you are not interested.. you can skip over this.

I do read that a lot .. that people always got a razor.. so thats why I posted this.. some people who are new might not even know about the sample bowl.

I probably shouldn't have quoted you...

I guess my concern is that when someone didn't see the free razor... They stomped down the hallway looking for the closest room attendant. Free samples are not a given right... Thy are samples... And they are free... I am sure they change from time to time.

Really!?!?

What does that have to do with the sample bowl on the ship???:confused:

I'm glad FF didn't cause a "ruckus", and also glad she was nice enough to share her experiences on her cruise(s).

I haven't had a razor in my basket since early 2011...I asked and they said that the manufacturers were no longer supplying them....The last couple of cruises before the Conquest last month had only single use items like toothpaste and breathing strips, so I was surprised to get 2 travel size deodorants in the basket.

I no longer expect anything of any use....

Archived