Q&A Topics

Yes, I think there is scope for more obc offers - perhaps as you suggest topsey for price drops or for a small incentive to repeat customers.

Let's face it, a £50 on board spend isn't actually costing Thomson that much because you are spending it on drinks etc where they already have a decent profit margin so it's possibly costing them less than half the value to the customer.

Giving additional obc if the original price increases is a nice trick. P&O did it this year for early bookers and for my 3 cruises with them next year i ended up with a total extra obc of £615, just for little me:D The downside is my onboard previous cruiser spend discount of 5% (soon increasing to 7.5%) does not kicK in until you have spent your obc, you can use it for tips though.

I think Thomson will only be prepared to listen to comments from CC members on issues such as itineraries & where to sail from etc. in the future as they would not wish to share such information with competitors. Therefore we should only expect a general response.

To what extent is the CC domain a true reflection of potential customers? Most are experienced cruisers with Thomsons & I suggest a minority in comparison to attracting those who have not cruised before. The newer cruisers still should have the tried & tested itineraries to go at. I like the idea of a few longer one-off itineraries. Much depends on how many ships are in the cruise fleet.

The loyalty discount is a tricky one, despite being something I've wanted myself. To maintain profit levels, if a loyalty discount is given other passengers will have to pay more. Why should only Thomson cruises get a reward? Why not Thomson resort customers as well? This is complicated by the cruise & stay options.

The UK ports issue is difficult. I was surprised by how far people travelled to reach Newcastle upon Tyne. We have to travel 4 hours plus to Harwich or Newcastle which presently is not too bad. Liverpool would be brilliant but the best choice would be a canal / ocean combination :). I guess its hard to get a sailing from a port near you scenario to suit everyone.

I would look to book a cabin online or at the TA without an additional phone call. This £39 effort is not seen with competitors.

I book with my TA paying a deposit. Then I have to pay the second part. Then I get invited to cruise days at the TA for the year I've already booked. Then I get a call re paying the balance. Then I get a call regarding trips. Then I get a call regarding currency. Then a call regarding cabin upgrade. Then they lose our tickets. Do P&O customers get this. Where is the valued customer concept in this hastle?

How much are we prepared to pay for improved cruises? Over the recent years prices have risen & what we get for our money has decreased. How long before deck 1 cabins have oars & the captain wants to go water skiing.?

Len

I have always wondered what happened to the self service laundry which is listed in my copy of Berlitz Guide when the Dream was the Costa Europa and whether it could be reinstated.

Also, on the Dream, could the buffet be redesigned so that you don't have to go all along the counter just to get one thing which might be right at the end!

If I don't want salad or the main meal, i.e. butter and bun for soup. I never stand in the queue just pop in where they are, after all it only takes a second.

I hope you haven't all been calling me :eek:. I thought everyone did it.

If I don't want salad or the main meal, i.e. butter and bun for soup. I never stand in the queue just pop in where they are, after all it only takes a second.

I hope you haven't all been calling me :eek:. I thought everyone did it.

I do it as well, there is nothing worse than standing in a queue while the person in front of you dithers over what to have.

Third Thomson cruise next year.:D

Like previous cruises we book early and pay off the balance monthly with affordable payments rather than that massive "one off" at the end.:)

Currently I either have to phone a Premium Rate number and speak to some foreign manned call centre or make a journey to the nearest Thomson travel agent branch to make the monthly payment.:(

Why can't I pay my monthly payments "on-line" and print the "remaining balance" invoice?:confused:

Posted three questions, the three topics that I put at the top of this thread. Will leave it for now as I don't want it as a huge block of a load of questions from me. Don't want him to get sick of me! :D :D

Likewise - have posted my first three questions - thought I'd better stop there but what a great opportunity for us to get some feedback. Well done Sailaway. ;)

But where has the Q&A thread gone? I only found it by following the link from this thread. :confused:

Third Thomson cruise next year.:D

Like previous cruises we book early and pay off the balance monthly with affordable payments rather than that massive "one off" at the end.:)

Currently I either have to phone a Premium Rate number and speak to some foreign manned call centre or make a journey to the nearest Thomson travel agent branch to make the monthly payment.:(

Why can't I pay my monthly payments "on-line" and print the "remaining balance" invoice?:confused:

I know this is a question aimed towards Thomson but why let them earn the interest on your money? Set up a standing order into an Isa & earn a bit of interest on your money then pay them the balance when it's due!

• Administrators
:D! Here we go! Right, start posting your questions everyone!!!

You can upload your question now, and they will be answered next week, between Mon 20 October and Fri 24 October. :)

Just an update on the dates (my error!!). Mr. Ellacott will begin answering questions on November 20th and continue through the 23rd.

Sorry for an inconvenience, but this will give many more people the opportunity to see the forum, and ask more questions!

Laura

Just an update on the dates (my error!!). Mr. Ellacott will begin answering questions on November 20th and continue through the 23rd.

Sorry for an inconvenience, but this will give many more people the opportunity to see the forum, and ask more questions!

Laura

Thanks Laura! :)

I thought it was strange that all of a sudden questions were being answered next week when initially it was going to be November.

Thanks also Laura for your help in arranging it all and getting the Q&A started! :)

One thing I will do is to copy and paste all the questions and answers into a Word document, and then copy them back onto here when the Q&A is over, as I believe the forum is closed after this. Thought it would be good to keep them on here for reference, and also easier to have one thread with all the Q&As then having to click in and out of each thread on the forum.

One thing I will do is to copy and paste all the questions and answers into a Word document, and then copy them back onto here when the Q&A is over, as I believe the forum is closed after this. Thought it would be good to keep them on here for reference, and also easier to have one thread with all the Q&As then having to click in and out of each thread on the forum.

Good thinking! ;)

That will be good for all those people (me) who can't manage all this technology. ;)

Sailaway, I just wanted to ask, is there a way we could indicate that we agreed with a question. Just to give an idea of which were the most important to the majority of us.

Isn't it exciting !!!!

The problem is is that really we're not allowed to make any discussion on the actual thread itself. However, perhaps we could start a new thread on here regarding that, as I too have wanted to agree with certain questions that have been asked.

Archived