The Titanic II if she is built,will she be tough competition for the Cunard Line?

Cruise Liner Fan

Actually, Normandie was never truly a success in her time. She was barely profitable as more TA passengers preferred to sail on the Queen Mary.

To many, Normandie - while very elegant - was just too over the top and grandiose. It intimidated many.

Yeah I've read that before, I'm not sure how anyone would know for sure. It's not as if people who didn't book rang the French Line and explained why they were booking on the Queen Mary instead of the Normandie.

In any case, the Normandie was a beautiful ship and it would have been wonderful if the she had of been the inspiration for the QE or QV. I know that many people love the vista sisters but it's hard to get excited about their looks.

i-shqC9xg-X2.jpg

i-sPBf8K2-L.jpg

Yeah I've read that before, I'm not sure how anyone would know for sure. It's not as if people who didn't book rang the French Line and explained why they were booking on the Queen Mary instead of the Normandie.

In any case, the Normandie was a beautiful ship and it would have been wonderful if the she had of been the inspiration for the QE or QV. I know that many people love the vista sisters but it's hard to get excited about their looks.

i-shqC9xg-X2.jpg

i-sPBf8K2-L.jpg

I quite agree with you, especially on the QE and QV exterior design.

The Normandie was, indeed, a beautiful liner. One of the top 5 ships I would want to sail in if I could be transported back in time.

The breakwater on your beloved Queen Mary 2, as I am sure you know, takes its inspiration from Normandie.

Keep well.

Archived