Liberty Western Mediterranean

adee74

I'm looking at the LOS Western Med cruises May 2013. Some itineraries are 5 night, some are 7 night. Both have only one day of sea, however, the 7 night suites are an extra grand per person more than the 5 night itineraries. Can anyone explain why? Are the 7 night itineraries better in some way than the 5 night (beside the extra 2 days)?

Also, can anyone advise on the best way to travel from Barcelona to Paris? I'm considering adding additional days in either London or Paris after the cruise. I'm also looking for advice on Disney Paris - how it compares to Orlando Disney? This is my first trip to Europe and I appreciate any tips.

Thanks

I'm looking at the LOS Western Med cruises May 2013. Some itineraries are 5 night, some are 7 night. Both have only one day of sea, however, the 7 night suites are an extra grand per person more than the 5 night itineraries. Can anyone explain why? Are the 7 night itineraries better in some way than the 5 night (beside the extra 2 days)?

Also, can anyone advise on the best way to travel from Barcelona to Paris? I'm considering adding additional days in either London or Paris after the cruise. I'm also looking for advice on Disney Paris - how it compares to Orlando Disney? This is my first trip to Europe and I appreciate any tips.

Thanks

I think it may be simple demand as summer approaches in Europe. As for Barcelona to Paris, I think flying is the best option unless you want to hire a car and drive into France and catch the high speed train(TGV) from southern France to Paris?

As for Disneyland Paris, I have been and it's beautiful but apparently pales in comparison with US Disney parks! CI

Thanks

The cost will be time of year. 5 nighters at the start of the season, then 7 nights through summer. From past experience, it's usually a different feel on the 5 nighters; a b2b is good on this route with the 5 nighter.

Disney Paris is great, however nowhere near as large or as many rides as Orlando. We also found a difference in the queues - IMHO, mainland Europeans do not do well having to queue. That being said, we still had a fantastic time and would return.

Unsure about transport between the two cities you mentioned, but I would definitely consider flying - check out one of the budget lines?

Personally, there are some wonderful things to do and see in Europe and if it's your first visit, going to Disney from Barcelona wouldn't be my first choice. If I was staying in Paris for a few days, then maybe I would consider it after I'd seen the major sites? Obviously it's a personal choice and it would depend on who is in your party, what they actually want to see and do in Europe etc. Barcelona is also a fabulous city to explore.

We have travelled by train from Paris to Barcelona on 2 occasions now during the day and its great.

You can catch a train from Barcelona to Figueras Vilafant and then cross the platform to the awaiting TGV train direct to Paris.

Check out http://www.seat61.com/Spain.htm#Barcelona for info.

As for Disneyland Paris, no where the size of Disney in Orlando, but they do have a Walt Disney Studios park now too which is a smaller version of the movie park in Orlando.

Archived