Blue Curacao Liquer?

LibertyGirl7

Can you buy the blue curacao liquer in any of the shops or do you have to go on a tour to the place where they make it? Thanks!

You can buy it everywhere! All the different colours actually taste alike (except for the raisin and the chocolate ones).

That was one of the few things I never figured out about Curacao in my years there: I h-a-t-e raisins, and the local cuisine (kriyoyo) is absolutely obsessed with raisins. And I think they're almost all imported. So I go into a snack shop or sidle up to a truck and say "give me something without raisins" and people wonder if I'm feeling OK because everylone likes raisins.

The local cuisine is very good. Great stews, great snacks. And of course the fish is as fresh as anywhere. Given the island's unfortunate history as transhipment point in the slave trade, Curacao knew "fusion cooking" before the concept had a name. A lot of human suffering went into it, but the melting pot of culture in Curacao is very, very rich--and the great food is a prime example.

• 3 weeks later...
They do sell it where I live but I've been told the authentic stuff tastes so much better!

Thanks everyone for your input! :D

We got to go to the Curacao "factory" on a tour of the island and enjoyed tasting the real thing, but if you can't get it back home, I've found Bols orange curacao and blue curacao are almost indistinguishable from what I tasted on the island.

DH and/or myself would like to tour the distillery. It looks like one ship excursion (Princess lines) includes a tour, but do not want to do all the things included in the excursion.

Is there a way or can someone recommend who to contact for an independent tour? Can we just take a taxi there an do a tour? Or pick up a tour on the pier? Any information appreciated. Thanks.

DH and/or myself would like to tour the distillery. It looks like one ship excursion (Princess lines) includes a tour, but do not want to do all the things included in the excursion.

Is there a way or can someone recommend who to contact for an independent tour? Can we just take a taxi there an do a tour? Or pick up a tour on the pier? Any information appreciated. Thanks.

Looks like you can just go on your own

http://www.curacao.com/Attractions-and-Restaurants/Sights-Sounds/Curacao-Liqueur-Factory

• 2 years later...